brake pads

jch364

Registered
O.K. everyone. I need your input again. I need to get a set of front and rear pads for my 06 busa. Managed to get almost 11k miles out of it this year. Was wondering if most everyone went with the factory stuff or is the a most popular brand out there. Im ok with going witht the factory brand and all but Im just thinking that I might get a little ripped at the dealer paying a price that might be a little high when I can get a better quality brake for the money. Just incase there is a difference in types of brakes, like stopping power verses longevity. my choice would be longevity.....any help would be great. thanks. tried doing a search before I wrote this but didnt find much. hope this hasn't been done to death.

SBS Sinter Grip Race.
Part number: 686RS
Around $70 for front - both sides

Try them and you'll be hooked.

I used the EBC pads until I tried these. Now I use nothing else.

EBC HH. StreetNTrack can get you a really good deal. Might want to check with him. HH pads really are incredable.

I have had good results with EBC HH myself. Not real expensive and lasted a long time without damaging the stock rotors.

+1 on the EBC HH
beerchug.gif

(Tufbusa @ Dec. 24 2006,21:01) SBS  Sinter Grip Race.
Part number:  686RS

anyone else tryed thease??

(ranman @ Dec. 25 2006,08:41)
(Tufbusa @ Dec. 24 2006,21:01) SBS  Sinter Grip Race.
Part number:  686RS

anyone else tried these??
They slow my turbo bike with my 320lbs+ on it. I like them.

just got on board with some ebc HH from charles at streetntrack
super.gif

I had some Ferrodo sintergrip ST Roads that all but fried my front rotors in about 3,000 miles...deglzed my rotors with some 320 grit and scotchbrite pads and went back to my old faithfuls...EBC HH's and not only did my braking quality go through the attic but they even squared away the slight pulsing affect of the oh so slight warpage that the ferrodos put on my glazed and once warmed over heated rotors...and they accomplished that in less than 500 miles of usage.

I's trust Tufbusa on his "SBS sintergrip race compound" but they may be a bit aggressive regarding "rotor life" for general all around street use.

Never tried Carbone Lorraines...and the ferrodoes taught me that when i find sumpt'in good?...stick with it...that being EBC HH's..I've used them as replacements on my last several bikes including my '00 ZRX and my '01 FZ1....coupled with SS Braided Lines and imho?...that combo for the street is hard to beat on any bike.

JMHO and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

never heard of Carbone Lorraines....might give them a try next time. ive always used ebc HH pads and have had good performance out of em with the exception of the scrubbing noises

I use carbon loraine, big improvement over stock.

EBC HH are the most widely used.

(JINKSTER @ Dec. 25 2006,19:45) I had some Ferrodo sintergrip ST Roads that all but fried my front rotors in about 3,000 miles...deglzed my rotors with some 320 grit and scotchbrite pads and went back to my old faithfuls...EBC HH's and not only did my braking quality go through the attic but they even squared away the slight pulsing affect of the oh so slight warpage that the ferrodos put on my glazed and once warmed over heated rotors...and they accomplished that in less than 500 miles of usage.

I's trust Tufbusa on his "SBS sintergrip race compound" but they may be a bit aggressive regarding "rotor life" for general all around street use.

Never tried Carbone Lorraines...and the ferrodoes taught me that when i find sumpt'in good?...stick with it...that being EBC HH's..I've used them as replacements on my last several bikes including my '00 ZRX and my '01 FZ1....coupled with SS Braided Lines and imho?...that combo for the street is hard to beat on any bike.

JMHO and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Jinks, where the hell have you been? I haven't heard much out of you lately?

You are right, there is nothing wrong with the HH pads but if you get a chance, try a set of the SBS pads. My kid turned me onto them and I really like them. I spend a lot of time on the nose tire and found these pads to have the best feel of any I've tried including the HH's and the Ferodo. The SBS also keeps that initial bite much longer than the HH's. I've been running them for some time now, going through several sets and have found them to be easy on the rotors. IMO if you are just an average everyday street rider, you'll probably not notice much difference in the HH & SBS pads? If you are a nose wheelie guy, for sure give em a try?

Bill, Break loose with some of those old molded 100 dollar bills you have stashed back and try a set of the SBS
tounge.gif

Hope Santa was good to you?

(Tufbusa @ Dec. 25 2006,20:27)
(JINKSTER @ Dec. 25 2006,19:45) I had some Ferrodo sintergrip ST Roads that all but fried my front rotors in about 3,000 miles...deglzed my rotors with some 320 grit and scotchbrite pads and went back to my old faithfuls...EBC HH's and not only did my braking quality go through the attic but they even squared away the slight pulsing affect of the oh so slight warpage that the ferrodos put on my glazed and once warmed over heated rotors...and they accomplished that in less than 500 miles of usage.

JMHO and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Jinks, where the hell have you been? I haven't heard much out of you lately?

You are right, there is nothing wrong with the HH pads but if you get a chance, try a set of the SBS pads. My kid turned me onto them and I really like them. I spend a lot of time on the nose tire and found these pads to have the best feel of any I've tried including the HH's and the Ferodo. The SBS also keeps that initial bite much longer than the HH's. I've been running them for some time now, going through several sets and have found them to be easy on the rotors. IMO if you are just an average everyday street rider, you'll probably not notice much difference in the HH & SBS pads? If you are a nose wheelie guy, for sure give em a try?

Bill, Break loose with some of those old molded 100 dollar bills you have stashed back and try a set of the SBS  
tounge.gif

Hope Santa was good to you?
Hey Tuf...to be honest?...I've never had any desire to do stoppies or stunt'in...oh i pull the occassional wheelie and every now and then i'll lock up the rear brake to come side slid'in into home but other than that?...to me?..."stunt'in"..is the difference between "tempting fate" and "ask'in for it"....I did pull one great 40deg stoppie about 5 years back...on my '00 ZRX...just before i stuffed and "Totaled" it into the wheelwell of some ancient dudes minivan...that looked right through me...at dusk...to make a left and then lurched out in front of me..the ebc hh's and braided lines worked great there!
laugh.gif

I was do'in about 60mph and in the 15 yards of (front wheel roll) warning he gave me I managed to stand it on it's nose for about the last 10 yards...bringing the immenent impact speed down to about 35mph!
laugh.gif

after that it was "Look for a soft spot and peroet right"
laugh.gif

anyways...here's where & how i been...

Happy Holidays and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

I wanted to add that the Carbon Lorraine pads are recommended by ABM rotors.

Want to keep the warranty intact ya know.

runeight...

102_0264.JPG

Back