Brake pad orientation

ZeePopo

Registered
So I was cleaning my calipers today since I noticed braking performance had diminished lately. Stuck caliper pistons at 4000 miles As I take my pads off I noticed that they are misaligned. At some point they were installed in the wrong direction. Im using EBC Extreme Pros. Each pad has a small square and a larger one. Which square points forward? Small one or large one?Mine are opposite to each other on the caliper.

Try this, you’ll have to copy and paste. Choose which model bike, type of brake caliper and which end, front or rear.

hayabusa brake pad installation youtube

K who's good with puzzles lol. Pads at the top are the originals that came with the bike, 2018. Bottoms are the EBC Extreme Pros. On the originals none of them match. It's all right foot shoes. Can't make a pair of shoes if all ya got is right footers. At this point I think all my pads, original and EBC are mismatched. Seems this was where my confusion originated since mismatched pads is what the bike came with.

IMG_20190807_012637.jpg

It does not matter tokiko or brembo.
On tokiko only the shim plate is directional.
Page 4B-2 note image.

View attachment 1603067
Thx C! K so staggered formation is correct. That means they sent me Extreme pros for two different model years since one matches and the other doesn't. I'll have to be careful with that in the future.

Reactions: c10
Back