brake pad break in....

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
so today was the first day ive had my bike out since the upgrades over the winter. ive got the ebc brake pads installed and now after about 150 miles of riding, i am gettin some squeal from the front brakes until i actually apply the brake. im guessing ive accumulated some serious brake dust with the break in of the new pads. what is the best way to clean this junk out?? should i just spray some brake cleaner on the pads and rotors or should i pull them off and give them good cleaning?

brake clean would work great,just don't get it on fender.I use simple green,spray in on straight not deluted,and hose it off.dust will roll off and nothing harmed.

(proud dad @ Mar. 14 2007,09:18) brake clean would work great,just don't get it on fender.I use simple green,spray in on straight not deluted,and hose it off.dust will roll off and nothing harmed.
i will have to give that a shot. thanks
beerchug.gif

I had the same problem with my EBCs last summer. The rear was where my squeal was coming from. It took 3 cleanings to cure the squeal. I used carb cleaner on the pads and 800 grit sandpaper on the rotor. Not sure if it was some residue from the stockers but it finally went away and hasn't been back.

Also, I took the thing out and ran it up to about 100mph and then bring it to a dead stop 3 or 4 times after each cleaning.

I had the same problem, I just waited mine out, I also did the 100 mph then hard on the rear brakes to even them out. they didnt stop squeaking for about 100 miles. really annoying, but a great mod.

Back