Brake lines..

lavinrac

Lav's towin service.
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone had issues with Galfer brake lines. I purchased the Braided stainless steel lines and have had them on the bike since just before the bash. Unfortunately they are rusting??? at both the reservoir and the calipers at the ends.

I don't have the package anymore for these so I don't know what kind of if any warranty is on them. If you have any idea of a warranty that is present or have faced this before and dealt with them about it please let me know.

I've already tried calling them today but no answer. I will be trying back some more.

Thank in advance for thoughts or comments in regards to this.

Lavinrac:

I called Galfer about this same problem. They sent me new lines after I took some pictures of them at there request. New lines showed up!

(Email Below)

Thank you for the pictures Tim.

I will be getting a replacement out to you tomorrow for the front and rear
lines.

Regards,
Linette Morgan
Sr. Customer Service Rep

Galfer USA
310 Irving Drive
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 988-2900 - phone
(805) 988-2948 - fax
(800) 685-6633 - tech
Gateway

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 2:47 PM
To: Customerservice@GALFERUSA.COM
Subject: Fw: Corrosion on Stainless Steal line banjo fittings and bolts.

--- On Mon, 4/26/10, Tim Devlin <birdofprey97@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Tim Devlin <birdofprey97@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Corrosion on Stainless Steal line banjo fittings and bolts.
> To: SALES@GALFERUSA.COM
> Date: Monday, April 26, 2010, 5:45 PM
> Lynette (Customer Service):
>
> I called you today about my 08 GSX 1300 Suzuki Hayabusa. I installed
> the galfer stainless steel brake line kit that I ordered a year ago
> from Pashnit.com (Tim). I called Tim about the issues that I am having
> with your SS brake line kit! As you requested I am sending you some
> photos of the front and rear brake lines with the bolt and banjo
> fitting corrosion.
>

Nice thanks Tim.. I guess im just gonna have to wait till Monday now and give em a call. Member how you said mine was looking a little off up in N.C.??

Well now they are just rusted all the heck and back. :(

Thanks man.

Here are my pictures!

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0002.jpg

Geesh Tim thats some sorry looking STAINLESS STEEL aint it ?
How can Galfer put out stuff thats supposed to be stainless and have that happen ?

I dont know! I have had HEL brake lines! Speigler brake lines! And goodridge! But never anything like this in less then a years time! They sent me a new set! I havent put them on yet...but worried about them doing the same thing!

I understand that .
The HEL lines I got with black anodized banjos look like new still .
Not stainless or steel I undrstand but still they still look new .

maybe you just got a "bad batch" or something. i would like to think (or hope) they'd make good on their product and just replace em.. weve all seen good stuff from galfer, and theres no doubt in my mind that sometimes something bad falls thru the cracks. let us know how they treat you in fixing the problem

Here are the pics of mine just 3-4 weeks after putting them on.

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

Finally got the pics and sent the email to hopefully get them replaced.

I had spoken with Galfer about this and they had stated they were NOT coated correctly and have since corrected the issue and are replacing the bad lines. So it appears Warbird and myself got the bad ones.

I may not have the cleanest bike nor may I ride the best but dangit I don't want no rust on the danged thing.

Last edited:
No way? I can't believe that. I was there when you put em on....... Unbelievable

Let us know what happens when you call ummm k?

Having extensive exp with Stainless Steel in firearms I question 'coated' ?
SS should not need to be coated as it is supposed to be stainless.
What kind of coating are they talking about and am I to understand their SS is so poor it needs to be coated to keep it clean ?
I'm confused ?

Wow! This worries me because I return to Virginia Beach next month and the Galfer brake lines were going to be my first purchase. ???

Having extensive exp with Stainless Steel in firearms I question 'coated' ?
SS should not need to be coated as it is supposed to be stainless.
What kind of coating are they talking about and am I to understand their SS is so poor it needs to be coated to keep it clean ?
I'm confused ?

Living in Florida you never had a problem with rust on your SS firearms? When I lived there I always kept a good coat of silicon oil on my firearms to protect them from surface rust. To my knowledge SS is rust resistant but not rust proof. :dunno:

I still wouldn't expect this level of rust on something after a few weeks of use so I'm glad everyone is getting a new set. :beerchug:

Hmmm....mine are doing the same thing. I purchased mine from Pashnit over the winter, installed them in March and a couple weeks later without even being ridden (and my bike is kept in a climate controlled garage) I noticed the banjos and bolts were rusting. I didn't give it much thought since I hadn't even ridden the bike, thought maybe it was just normal but I guess not. I'm going to take pics and email Galfer about it tomorrow. I was wondering how long they would last if rust set in just 2 weeks after they were installed without even being out in the elements.

Back