Brake lines questions

Claude

Registered
I have a nice opportunity to have Busa braided brake hoses custom made locally but I have a few questions first.

1) I checked Ron Ayers website and, so far, all Busa have the same OEM brake hoses in a typical Suzuki set-up: One hose from master-cylinder to RH caliper and a second one linking both calipers over the fender. Question: Are after-market braided hose kits duplicating this set-up or do they provide two lines but that both start at master-cylinder directly to each caliper?

2) I ignore how long Busa's hoses are... Could someone give me the details needed to have them built?
a) Type of fitting at each ends (straight, 15°, 35°, etc...)
b) Angle of rotation between fittings on the same hose (usually at 90° or in the same plane)
c) If fittings are not straight, are the curves in the same plane or opposed?
d) Lenght (from center-of-hole to center-of-hole or overall)
e) Any pics to illustrate the details?
Sorry to ask all this but my bike is not available for now to take any measures or to dismantle them for a reference. I would really like to use the occasion very soon to have those braided hoses built... Thanks a lot! zxclaude@yahoo.com

I have a nice opportunity to have Busa braided brake hoses custom made locally but I have a few questions first.

1) I checked Ron Ayers website and, so far, all Busa have the same OEM brake hoses in a typical Suzuki set-up: One hose from master-cylinder to RH caliper and a second one linking both calipers over the fender. Question: Are after-market braided hose kits duplicating this set-up or do they provide two lines but that both start at master-cylinder directly to each caliper?

2) I ignore how long Busa's hoses are... Could someone give me the details needed to have them built?
a) Type of fitting at each ends (straight, 15°, 35°, etc...)
b) Angle of rotation between fittings on the same hose (usually at 90° or in the same plane)
c) If fittings are not straight, are the curves in the same plane or opposed?
d) Lenght (from center-of-hole to center-of-hole or overall)
e) Any pics to illustrate the details?
Sorry to ask all this but my bike is not available for now to take any measures or to dismantle them for a reference. I would really like to use the occasion very soon to have those braided hoses built... Thanks a lot! zxclaude@yahoo.com
Not sure of the source you are having make these but would make sure they meet all current safety standards and manufacturing specs. My assumption would be if they knew what they were doing they would already know the answer to all the Q's. Anyways you can get a full kit for front x2, rear, and clutch for around $150 so why bother? I got front full x2, rear, clutch, 4 new SS bleeder screws, an upper dbl SS bleeder banjo bolt (makes bleeding easier and more thorough), and custom length for the stuff up front due to Genmar X2 handle bar riser. That was all under $150 to my door. From what I have read ditch the front brake xover and do two full length lines from the master cylinder. That's how I did mine!
smile.gif

http://www.h-e-l.co.uk/
BTW - this makes a huge difference. You wont really notice any difference in the rear and clutch but I wanted all to match and perform the same!

Only know that my Galfer SS lines came with 2 lines for the front. Other than that, I agree with JT2. Unless you are going to have some substantial savings or maybe setup a sideline business why bother with the time and effort. Quicker and easier with front x 2, rear brake and clutch $180 TMD.

Thanks for your concerns but they know what they do and yes, the saving is quite substantial. Anyone know the lenghts and details needed please? Thanks!

1. Two lines coming from master cylinder
2a. My bike is also in storage and I know you don't want to hear this but, they are the exact length of factory for the one side. Might add an inch or two for the second line up front. This will require a new connection bolt for master cylinder, one with two seperate feeder holes.
2b-e. Can't help you as I also have the GenMar risers. Had custom lines made that are almost two inches longer than stock. All three lines with gold ftgs and in color $115 to my door... http://www.cyclebrakes.com
I realize having a friend who owns a braided line business you can get a better deal. But, its going to take some work to gather all the details. Keep trying here and someone will have the info you need.

Thanks KS. Yep, so far, there's way more work involved at getting the infos than at making the hoses... Like you said, maybe someday someone will tell me the needed infos.

<!--EDIT|Claude
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102896548 -->

Back