Brake line replacement on abs Busa

ZeePopo

Registered
So I'm on my way to pick up a new 2018 Busa after my last bird was stolen by some @:##:#:@. I'm moving my ISR brake and clutch masters from my last build and installing it into the 2018. Never had abs before so how good are the brake lines? Should I replace them with braided steel lines? I had Galfers before, not sure if they make a line kit for the ABS Busa. I think you need 5 lines for a full replacement including a manifold. Has anyone replaced their abs lines?

I have with a ABM / LSL handle bar kit. Already the abs modes are half steel lines. No real change in feel. Change was felt with galfer rotors / new pads

Ride it 1st and then decide. It's an easy swap, I did the back half on my ABS model. Not for lever feel but for the added length required from a swingarm replacement. I used Spiegler and they were perfect

Ride it 1st and then decide. It's an easy swap, I did the back half on my ABS model. Not for lever feel but for the added length required from a swingarm replacement. I used Spiegler and they were perfect

I actually looked today at this. The rears - where does the change out occur? from the caliper you follow the brake line up and where on the bike does it end to get swapped?

So got the new bike in. Sooo shiny . I think I'll keep the brake line as they are for now. The power seems quite nice and little fade so far. ABS takes some getting used to though. Gonna get some helibars on her and install my ISR brake and clutch masters and replace the brake pads with some EBC extreme pro. I had her for one day and I already have to do the first oil change hahaha. That's a lot of driving in one day. Having only had used Busas before a new Busa sure is nice

Back