Brake Light Gen 1

DominoRX

Registered
Hi Guys,
so after long term storage - sorting a TPS issue/ cleaning throttle bodies etc the old girl is running like a dream and took her for a short spin today.....to bloody cold to go to far.....but now another “problem.....the brake light doesnt come on from either front or rear lever.....initially one lamp wasnt lighting at all so I replaced both bulbs and great I now have two lights but still the stop element is not lighting, Im guessing the lamps are fused jointly, eg not separate fuse for tail and brake - the bike is unmodded and I checked and cleaned terminals at both levers -
BTW - I edited to add there are no obvious earth faults and everything else seems to be working fine..
So thing is what could it be that is affected by both levers that I might have missed?

Thoughts much appreciated as always,
Thanks
R

Last edited:
Have you checked for power/earth, at the bulb contacts?
It’s possible that the wiring goes through one switch (front) for either switch to work or I’d be checking my wiring harness, block connectors for corroded pins, on the left hand side of the bike, remove side fairing panel, think there’s a yellow and a white plug there.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas I will try conductors thru the terminals etc after crimbo, I dont think its a ground issue as every thing else works fine and there is no effect on anything when the brake levers are pressed, well thats my xperience of any previous ground issues but perhaps worth checking.

Is there a particular rotation to the terminal plug on the rear brake switch or can this work either way round?
Cheers
R

Hi guys,
Hope you all had a good Crimbo,
Well I get to have another go at this but here’s the weirdest thing, I thought I would check the brake switches themselves, so I have ignition on, brake lever/pedal applied, and no conductivity through either switch.....now that tells me each switch is duff yes?.....isn’t it odd to have both switches brake down, what appears together?
Cheers fellas
R

Back