Brake lever hitting panel, slightly?

Speed King

Banned
I hit a deer last year, on the right side of my 08 busa and did some damage. Over the winter I bought a new upper nose fairing among other things.
I put my new upper nose fairing on today and after i got it on i noticed that my brake lever slightly hits my panel when the wheel is at its farthest to the right, enough to slightly engage it.

It is probably safe to drive as long as i dont crank the wheel as far as it can go when riding.
What could that be , a bent bracket? It looked fine when i put the nose on.

Maby i should take the nose back off and try bending the bracket up a little bit that holds the mirror in. "Fk", I would really hate to have to take the nose off again:banghead:

When i say it touches the panel slightly, I mean slightly when the wheel is cranked at its fullest, but enough to engage my pazzo shorty brake lever.

need to adjust them properly..
this pic is not my bike and it is from an old post but if you see the red arrows.
you need to loosen bracket and move the whole thing in a bit as well as up or down to get them right.

lever probs.jpg

lol, you can barley tell but when its cranked all the way to the left, it touches the panel which slightly engages my brake lever.

You alway will have problem with those levers, I installed a set and had to remove them because I and many other busa members had the same problem.:beerchug:

I have FP Tactical levers on mine and they touch at full lock left but not enough to engage the brake. I do have my levers tilted pretty far down though for my big hands which is the cause of mine hitting. At normal or stock riding position they don't touch at all. :beerchug:

Back