Brake Level Lowering

dm_gsxr

Weirdo Freak
Donating Member
Registered
After getting the Pro-tekk pegs, I find my shifter is still fine but my brake lever is about a half-inch too high. I have to shift my leg to angle my foot to the top so I can use the rear brakes.

I do use my fronts about 80% of the time, however this is causing my foot to be half off of the peg. I'd like to lower it enough that my foot can be comfortably all the way on the peg and above the lever.

I pulled off the rearset and checked it out but it's a one piece design. I'd have to move the rear brake mechanism up in order to drop the front of the lever.

It looks like my options are to either carefully bend the lever down using a vice and rubber hammer, buy a replacement lever that's already lower, or figure out how to raise the brake mechanism so I can adjust the lever down.

Thoughts? Links to places that might have replacements?

Thanks.

Carl

Did you not keep the standard master cylinder? and the adjuster bit on the end where it attaches to the lever?

I found a pic of the pro-tek ones but cant see how the lever joins to the master cylinder very well??

Did you not keep the standard master cylinder? and the adjuster bit on the end where it attaches to the lever?

I found a pic of the pro-tek ones but cant see how the lever joins to the master cylinder very well??
I used the wrong terminology. It's the brake pedal (I mean, it doesn't look like a pedal but a search shows the lever is by the throttle and the pedal is by the footpeg).

Sorry for the confusion.

Carl

You can adjust the lever height with the threaded rod that goes up into the master cylinder. Loosen the locking nut on the top of the clevis and adjust the rod. Its a bad pic, but mine lowered all the way down

Picture122.jpg

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121508914 -->

Great, got it! I was looking at adjusting the pedal and not the plunger. It didn't look like there was much play when I first looked but after adjusting, it's about a quarter inch under my foot now.

Thanks.

Carl

Back