Brake fluid tip

MLTMDNS

Registered
I saw this tip on here somewhere. Thanks!, the two small holes poked in the foil works like a champ!
61D6A464-7AD2-45D4-8AE2-7C370EAC5C1D.jpeg

I’ve always just peeled the foil off and tried to be careful when pouring brake fluid. Pouring through the small holes in the foil gives way more control of the stream, which makes you far less likely to spill on paint, etc. Pour through one hole and the other acts as a vent. Pretty simple but I had never thought of it which is probably why I’m a trucker and not a brain surgeon.

I use a Razor knife to cut 360 degrees @ a 30 degree angle in . This lets the fluid flow smoothly . Neat idea though . I may try it once to see .
On another note I've had a few friends , and customers ask me how old is that bottle off your shelf . My reply is a 6 months to a year . Oh no that's old ! Really is my reply . Its a non vented cap with about 4 cubic inches of air. I think its far better condition than you 4 to 10 year old fluid in the vented master cylinder on your bike ;)

At work, each tech has his own 500ml brake fluid bottle, usually quite new coz we get through a lot with constantly refreshing brake systems.
So it's common see an old trick here in NZ workshops, the plastic lid of the bottle has a hole drilled in it and a tubeless tire valve pushed into that hole, sealed around the lip of the tire valve with the correct sized hole drilled in the lid.
Remove the valve core from the valve and add a 6 inch length of rubber or plastic hose to the end of the valve, fuel hose works well, and that's a great permanent addition to the workshop toolbox!
Then when you open a new bottle of brake fluid, fit the hosed lid. Easy!
Makes it so easy to pour into rear brake reservoirs instead of using a syringe with a hose like I always used to.

Back