Brake fluid on gauges

Pfal

Registered
Earlier this summer while changing my clutch fluid I splashed some fluid on my gauges which left some stains. I've tried plexus plastic polish with no results.

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the stains or do I need to replace the gauge faces?

You can replace just the plastic face. Send a PM to vman1300 - he can get ya hooked up.

Go to advance auto or autozone ussually at the counter they have a little kit/pack for removing the yellow from head lights. It's a polish kit for plastic this should help or sand with really fine paper and buff it out

Brake fluid is some very nasty stuff! If you get it on anything, clean it off immediately. It will also strip paint really well.

wax shop safe cut, really works well on some plastics as well, just my 2 cents

Thanks all, I'll have to try some of these suggestions.
Normally I'm very careful with brake fluid. Unfortunately I was in a hurry and not working in the best lighting to catch it right away. S**T happens.

According to the manual I can just buy the face with the lens.

You can just buy the plastic face as others have said. The 3M stuff works very well at removing things from plastic.

Very interesting. I had mine apart when I was putting on my chrome dash cover and could not for the life of me figure out how the plastic glass comes out.

CALL A VISOR ASSY
SUZUKI PART # 34150-24F00 LIST PRICE 166.17

Jon(Loomis).

Yep what BigBs said, thats good stuff,I use it on old dull mustang lights, brings em back to almost new and perfect finish (CLEAR).
beerchug.gif

Back