Boy did I screw up...

**SMACK**

Now, feel better?!
tounge.gif

Only thing I can think of is to be on the up and up and notify both sellers of what's happened...offer to pay for the cost of them putting the ads up if necessary...see how they take the news.

Hubby "sold" my Harley on eBay, but the gal that had the winning bid had second thoughts after a good friend of hers was killed on a motorcycle just after the auction ended. She was honest and emailed my hubby explaining the situation and he of course told her "no worries"...she may have been taking us for a ride, who knows? But the point is that she had a decent enough story and she offered to pay for the ad, with the hubby of course refused to take...we were out $14 maybe?

Start there...
smile.gif

yeah, and they can always offer a second chance offer to the other high bidder... so maybe offer to pay the difference or just back out of it. There has to be a way to do it... tell them your 12yr old kid was messinga round and bid when you were in the rest room
laugh.gif

Just buy 5 more so you can have one for each day of the week!
laugh.gif

Seriously, just explain to the sellers what happened. Chances are, at least one will be cool about it.

Thanks for the info, I'll contact the seller(s) and work something out. Yeah the 03 seems to be the winner, but I did the 00 first... I definately want one of them.. 5500 versus 6900...

*giggle* hey, why not post both ebay wins
here in case someone wants to buy either...

Not really many choices here. As was said, be up front with both sellers. They can really push to have you pay, but I think most sellers would rather have you tell them the deal than just not pay. They may leave you leave negative feedback for non-payment, but better that than to not be able to pay.

Not really many choices here. As was said, be up front with both sellers. They can really push to have you pay, but I think most sellers would rather have you tell them the deal than just not pay. They may leave you leave negative feedback for non-payment, but better that than to not be able to pay.
Yeah, I've talked to both and let them know the situation. Both are cool with it, though obviously dissapointed. I made a stupid yet honest mistake that I will not repeat. So which one should I get? I was approved for one or the other. Should I get the 2003 that is near mint? Or the 2000 that is worn in some? It's a difference of about 1400$. I like the 2000 because of the color scheme, but the 2003 scheme is nice too and has little to no damage... and lower miles obviously (how long do these damned things last anyways?)

Ide go for the 03, fewer miles and better condition. Thats what i think, but im the type of person that barely keeps a bike for more than 2 years.:D
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

i would deff go with the 2003, i think its a nicer color,lower miles and for only 1400 more its deff worth it.

Ide go for the 03, fewer miles and better condition. Thats what i think, but im the type of person that barely keeps a bike for more than 2 years.:D
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I guess i'm more worried about dropping it and scratching up that pretty paint/body :p Frame sliders here i come I guess... I'll talk to both buyers.. the original one is not being very cooperative with the paperwork...

biggrin.gif

Back