Bought the baddest bike ever made!

Lucid

Registered
Inspiration for both the Hayabusa and the zx14, and future superbikes to come.

Bought this recently off some pothead on the southside of my city. The damn tag was $250+ because it was...eh, about twenty years out of date.

Starts and runs every kick! I love her for zippin around town. (top speed, 45 down a steep hill with wind)

1966 Suzuki M31
55cc, just large enough to be called "Motorcycle"
Super rare. I had to order an air filter from Cambodia and a repair manual from Indonesia (repair manual just to see the mixture ratios because no one has these and I couldn't find the info online!)

DSCN0042-1.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Inarguably the world's best grocery getter:
16090_10100322752149341_1942912358_n.jpg

I like this goofy old thing. :thumbsup:

M stood for mileage, 31 was how many it got to before it broke..... :laugh: just kidding. I had a couple of old Honda's similar to that, but I never got them running.

Looks cool and for $250 couldn't go wrong with that price.

Todd

Did they have a Drive Mode Selector back then? I am sure she is pretty wicked till you get used to her torque curve:rofl:

Add a yoshi, ebc brakes, Pilot Powerss and Power Demander and you can head to the track. Actually that looks like a pretty good specimen!

:laugh: You guys are trashing his moment

Nice ride, what kind of oil are you using :whistle:

i like it, that would be perfect for running around town :beerchug:

can you imagine rolling up to pick up a date for a motorcycle ride on that? would be awesome! :thumbsup:

That is definitly Old School Cool!!!:thumbsup: It looks to be in pretty good shape considering its age. But still any plans for a restoration or just leave as is?

Better make sure the traction control is working :laugh: It might get away from you outta the hole.....:laugh: Nice pick!

Lol thanks for the comments. Even the funny ones; I don't mind, I don't this too seriously. It's old, rare, and goofy. I feel like an old Japanese grandpa from the 70s while on this thing. I might use it as a pit bike around the drag strip.

I will probably leave it as is, but maybe reupholster the seat. Put a new front tire, might put a new rear, THEN let the knee dragging commence!

Back