bought  a TRE

johnny blaze

Registered
How difficult is to install the TRE?have purchased one and are unsure as how to install it. help please.    thanks

Simple plug in install, if it is one with factory style plugs. Look under the tank for a set of white connectors that match the ones on your TRE. Unplug the set and plug yours in. Make sure not to pull too hard on the wiring. There are release clips on the plugs that need to be pressed to release them.
Plugs are on the left side of the bike(when you are sitting on it) just behind the throttle bodies.

Good luck

Extremely easy

Here's a pic of where it goes. Hope it helps ;)

07._TRE_Installed.jpg

Remove two seat bolts and two tank bolts. Raise the tank and unplug the stock connector and install the TRE. Reinstall the tank and seat. Simple and takes about 5 minutes.

Where did you buy the smart tre from? Is the only difference between the smart and "basic" tre, the elimination of the top gear restriction? There are so many different tre(s) advertised that it can get confusing (to me). I was going to go with Schnitz just to be safe. Ebay has them but I wouldn't dare.

I got the Smart TRE from Schnitz Racing.... it was a bit more expensive, but I've heard it's better... so what the heck... It seems to be working pretty well.

i have purchased a adjustable tre from Felix electronics and was wondering if any one has one of these and which is the best map to play with around town

Back