Bought an RCC turbo

bkstg1

Registered
Well, due to stupidity I posted this in the wrong Dept.

Anyway, just bought an RCC Stage 1 Turbo kit. After long thought and toil finally did it. Who would have thought it would only take some beer to make the answer so clear!

Let me know what to look for or tips for install. I have to get it done in time for the Dealer show in febuary and it's a few weeks at least for delivery. So any help would be great,I'm sure it's no big deal but tips from those that have installed them before are nice.

Thanks

Turbo installs can be tricky especially if it's your first. The install and tune are the most important :thumbsup:

install shouldn't be to bad if your mechanically knowledgeable I would probly pull the radiator off to help with install. I also just bought a kit From Rich @ Rcc i will be doing the install myself and then taking it to a tuner a few hundred miles away to get it tuned properly. rich is included a powercommander with a map but i would like a specific one.

head bolts in the bottom flange, studs and nuts on the top of the flange...

everything else is pretty cut and dry until you set up the fmu

It really is not that big a deal, did you get instructions with kit? if so just follow them and if you have any Qs just ask here, or SH.ORG and someone will get right back to you then when install is don it must be dyno mapped

if you are pretty good with a wrench install isnt bad at all i did my velocity kit all by myself and it took me about 9 hours taking my time then i loaded the base map in and babied it the 45min to get it tuned and everything went awesome

I'll try to take pics as I go. Wrenchin isn't the problem, just fishing for more info.

Buy the way, Rich at RCC really is a nice guy. I went to him after reading the posts on this board. I've been looking a while and decided from what I read here that his was the kit to go with. Velocity has a good rep too, but RCC seems to really get the great support vote.:thumbsup:

I have the RCC Stage 1 on mine. Was real easy to install no problems at all. Instructions and CD that he supplies with the install is great. Easy to follow instructions with pics. Was riding that same weekend. :beerchug: RCC (Richard) is the way to go. Just my .02

Yeah sounds reall good I have one question fellas. With a Rcc stage 1 what kind of up keep would you have. That is without doing any engine Mods.

Yeah sounds reall good I have one question fellas. With a Rcc stage 1 what kind of up keep would you have. That is without doing any engine Mods.[/

6lbs of boost on a stock engine can/will last you years. With normal engine upkeep. The key is the tune.

With a good map you will have no problems but with a stage 1 setup on a stock engine you are limited on how long at WOT. I have been running mine for a year now with no problems but limit my fun to a 1/4 mi. or less.

Well it's done and on. I have to agree, a monkey could install this kit with the instructions given by Richard.
For the guys that asked for pics I'll be posting some later.

Well it's done and on. I have to agree, a monkey could install this kit with the instructions given by Richard.
For the guys that asked for pics I'll be posting some later.
As long as you get a good dyno tune done it should last as long as anything out there, I would change oil 2500 or less

just take your time and read richards instruction very carefully. they are about the best instructions you'll get for a turbo.. and if you have any more problems they are 9/10 listed on here cause everyone else has/had the same ones

I have the RCC Stage 1 on mine. Was real easy to install no problems at all. Instructions and CD that he supplies with the install is great. Easy to follow instructions with pics. Was riding that same weekend. :beerchug: RCC (Richard) is the way to go. Just my .02
Well that's good to know I got mind all torn down waiting for turbo to come in....worried about the wiring part of the installation...and connection of the power commander 5.

Back