Bought a Scottoiler with twin injector

TINMAN

Registered
Just bought a scottoiler for the busa with dual injectors. Anyone used or have one of these.
Please let me know how you have got on with them or any tips that might help me etc.

All comments welcome.

*Bump* Hopefully someone has some real input, I'm pretty interested in one as well.

In a nut shell it's a mini bottle w/tiny needle noz that mounts on the swing above the chain. On long rides you can press the "electric" button up front and oil the chain while you ride.... I think

Didnt know they had a twinn needle version though.

ICE

My offers are just slow down when you oil er up. The shytts gonna splatter no matta what.

I don't have one on my 03, but previously had a single injector on my 2000, I mounted mine under the hump using one of the brackets that came with the kit and slipped under the rear hole on the lefthand side where the grab bar mounts, the cannister mounted on about a 45 degree angle with no problems for the operation.
I mounted the injector using the bolt that holds my left spool

I don't have one on my 03, but previously had a single injector on my 2000, I mounted mine under the hump using one of the brackets that came with the kit and slipped under the rear hole on the lefthand side where the grab bar mounts, the cannister mounted on about a 45 degree angle with no problems for the operation.
did you get oil on the rear wheel from yours ?

I've got the dual injector too just a few days ago. Was told that it could cause problems for the dual injectors if you're not using the red lub from them.. anyone tried engine oil with it?

did you get oil on the rear wheel from yours ?
Never heard of it. Can you post picts or a site. Sounds like a good idea, if it dosen't leak.

Might make the busa mark it's territory like a hardley!

Hi all

I've been running a single injecter scott oiler for nearly a year and a half.
One Year on my gsx1100 and the last 6 months on my 2000 busa.
I love the thing, it keeps a light film of oil on the chain which cleans and lubes it.

I had some fouling on the tyre when I first had it installed, but all I had to do was turn it down to about 1 oil drop every 40 - 50 seconds and the problem went away. ( It connects to your engine and only releases the oil when its running )

I believe you do need to use the proper scott oil as its designed to flow thru the system and stick to the chain.

I run the touring kit, which adds another 500mils of oil carring capacity which means I can go for 500 - 800 klms before needing to top it up.

If you put it on a old chain, you'll notice a bit of crap comming off it as it initially cleans your chain, but after that its sweet.

check out http://www.scottoiler.com/ for more info.

I found out about it from the guys here that run bikes for hire
( touring bikes not 50's ) they reckon they are doubling the life of the chain on these bikes and its one less maintence job you have to do.

I haven't physically put oil on my chain in 6 months, and every time I check it, there's always a nice light film all over the chain.

Jim

Hi all

I've been running a single injecter scott oiler for nearly a year and a half.
One Year on my gsx1100 and the last 6 months on my 2000 busa.
I love the thing, it keeps a light film of oil on the chain which cleans and lubes it.

I had some fouling on the tyre when I first had it installed, but all I had to do was turn it down to about 1 oil drop every 40 - 50 seconds and the problem went away. ( It connects to your engine and only releases the oil when its running )

I believe you do need to use the proper scott oil as its designed to flow thru the system and stick to the chain.

I run the touring kit, which adds another 500mils of oil carring capacity which means I can go for 500 - 800 klms before needing to top it up.

If you  put it on a old chain, you'll notice a bit of crap comming off it as it initially cleans your chain, but after that its sweet.

check out http://www.scottoiler.com/ for more info.

I found out about it from the guys here that run bikes for hire
( touring bikes not 50's ) they reckon they are doubling the life of the chain on these bikes and its one less maintence job you have to do.

I haven't physically put oil on my chain in 6 months, and every time I check it, there's always a nice light film all over the chain.

Jim
The big question...

Does it leave a puddle when it sits in the garage for a day?

It connects to your engine and only releases the oil when its running
Read the post, Mickey!  
idea.gif

Re Does it leave a puddle when it sits in the garage.

Normally it doesn't leave any drips on the garage floor if you've set the drip rate right for your riding style (  it puts more
oil down when your're going faster ). However I went in a flying / standing quarter mile event in the weekend and with all
the short high speed runs I did notice that it had put a bit more oil down than was used and a bit did drip onto the floor.

You can adjust it really easily, on the oil reservoir you can turn up/down the rate of oil distribution. you fire the bike up, let it
run for a few minutes with a bit of throttle reving ( the oil doesn't suddenly come pouring out as soon as you start the bike ).
then I usually sit down next to the back end with a stop watch and adjust the drip rate until I'm happy.

If you do a lot of high speed heavy throttle work you'd turn the drip rate down quite low at idle, if you spend quite a bit of time
like I do, going back and forth to work in 50/100 k zones then you'd have it up a bit.

I have to say its not a totally clean solution, your swingarm ( esp next to the front sproket ) will get some tiny oil splatter on it over
the course of a week or two, but the important thing is to tune it so the rear tyre ( Never ) gets any on it ( unless you like a bit of
random corner excitement
smile.gif

Just one point about the oil, if you set the flow rate correctly, you should have perhaps just a little bit more lube coming off the chain than with a "spray on", but the Scott oiler oil, is by far easier to remove than a
"spray on "when it lands on your body work or wheels.
and for all those english motorcycle nostalgia buffs you can crank her right up pull off one lead and you would swear you were on a triumph
laugh.gif

Hey lighter,

I don't think theres a simple answer for you. You really have to make a setting, go for a good hard ride and then check for any fouling and adjust accordingly.

The first time I put it on my 1100 I got to the top of my favourte hill climb to discover oil on the sides of my back tyre. I cleaned it up and changed the setting and kept riding. By the end of the day, I could thrash the daylights out of it and no oil got to the back tyre.

Then I just checked over the course of the next month to make sure it was getting enough oil and since then I haven't had to adjust it again.

At idle on the 1100 and busa I have it set for about 1 drip every 40 - 50 seconds and that seems to be just fine here. Mind you, if you're in a country with extreams of tempreture, you might need a summer / winter setting. Here in Wellington NZ it rarely goes below 0C and never goes above 35C.

Hope that helps Jim

to remember all who didn´t install an automatic chain oiler yet
(i found this thread by chance)

Re Does it leave a puddle when it sits in the garage.

Normally it doesn't leave any drips on the garage floor if you've set the drip rate right for your riding style ( it puts more
oil down when your're going faster ). However I went in a flying / standing quarter mile event in the weekend and with all
the short high speed runs I did notice that it had put a bit more oil down than was used and a bit did drip onto the floor.

You can adjust it really easily, on the oil reservoir you can turn up/down the rate of oil distribution. you fire the bike up, let it
run for a few minutes with a bit of throttle reving ( the oil doesn't suddenly come pouring out as soon as you start the bike ).
then I usually sit down next to the back end with a stop watch and adjust the drip rate until I'm happy.

If you do a lot of high speed heavy throttle work you'd turn the drip rate down quite low at idle, if you spend quite a bit of time
like I do, going back and forth to work in 50/100 k zones then you'd have it up a bit.

I have to say its not a totally clean solution, your swingarm ( esp next to the front sproket ) will get some tiny oil splatter on it over
the course of a week or two, but the important thing is to tune it so the rear tyre ( Never ) gets any on it ( unless you like a bit of
random corner excitement View attachment 436578

yes and yes again to all

the scott (without any electronics) i use, saves a dozens of chain spray cans over the time the chain lasts.
mine all do at minimum 2 times longer than a not auto oiled chain - mostly they last 3 times .
the auto oiler (scott :-) ) is the best investment you can do!

the only small limitation is the "life" of the front sprocket.
for my busa it lasts "only" approx. 30000 km
then it - all alone - has to be changed because the teeth become crooked back and cause noise when pushing the motorcycle backwards
the chain and rear sprocket then are still in good condition - no change is necessary
at my 00 busa (and fj1200) a chain set lasts around 80-85000 km

my brother took it to the extreme on his 01 busa.
his chain set was at its end at 104000km
on this distance he only changed two new front sprockets - price each 12 € - oh how expensive - grin -

here three pics where the scott can best be installed
gen1 - with vacuum
Scotti_Ansicht_Seite_optimal.jpg

gen1 (the scott with an internal pump installed at a turbo - no vacum available ;-) )
Scotti2.jpg

gen2 - with vacuum
DSC_0066.jpg

this is a 17 yr old thread you are responding to, and reply from the OP to your post would really be something.....

yes my dear i know - soooooooooo veeeeeeeeeeeery old , that a one mile thick layer of dust is on top of it. :D

caused by knowing this i wrote as an intro

to remember all who didn´t install an automatic chain oiler yet

i did so because last 9-10 years no one else responded so i thought this really helpful accessoir could be forgotten. ;-)

Back