Bought a new zzz less then 500 miles and its fuc-e

buzard

Registered
i lube and adjust before any long rides. no drag racing just street miles. three longer rides over the last couple weeks. i thought the swingarm was messing me up the hole time. it was the chain. it is fricking new. charles (street and track)who do i contact at EK?

So what is wrong with the chain??? You didnt explain that one.
rock.gif

thanks charles i will do that.
big e it stretched and it isn't straight. never had that happen before. little tight spots, but not like this.

contacted the ek warehouse rep. rudy as told by charles. he said:
1) take it off
2) send it to me
3) he will give it to the ek rep
4) the ek rep will take it to japan when he goes there
5) japans lab will check the chain for defects
6) the rep will get back to him
7) he will get back to me with the results
so how long will that take? well you will have to buy another chain in the meantime. not the answer i would expect from a reputable company. basically it was a blow off. also said he has never heard of a zzz chain being or going bad.

ZZZ chains are supposed to be the cats-Azz.... Just be certain to NOT overtighten when installing and to be sure that your wheel is aligned properly.

Sounds to me like an installation error most likely. Not Being a D!ck, it's just that we sell quirte a few of the ZZZ and haven't had a single problem from anyone on the ZZR1200 or the two that I sold for busas.

It's easy to get it wrong, and chains will stretch pretty dramatically the first few hundred miles... I dunno seems odd.

this is my 16th street bike and have had 5 drag bikes from 10 second bikes to low 8 second top gas bikes. i have always done my own maint. to every part of the bikes. i use a metric machinist ruler to ensure the axle is properly adjusted (from the dragbike days). i lube it every two to three rides. that is usually every 200 miles or so. i will post pics as it sits if i can get a camera. it is odd and i have had chains stretch before, but never seen one do it this bad before. only street miles and no street launches or burnouts.

Back