Bought a new lid off ebay.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
When I went to the bash my helmet got soaked and day I got there I set it in front of the heater to dry it out. I actually left it there too long and it melted the right side inner cheek pad along with the styrofoam. I've been searching only for an RF1000 new as that's the model I like. Missed a silver by a few bucks, and missed a couple others to. Then last night around 11 I checked again and there was a brand new RF1000 silver/black Caster model with a buy it now for $150. Had only been active for less than an hour. Won't really match my bike but jacket is black and silver. And at $150 for a new Shoei I'm hopefully gonna be happy (haven't gotten it yet).

Heres a pic of what it will look like. Is 'Caster' just the model and not somebody's name? I couldn't find that out and didn't want to miss it by seconds. Kinda reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys?

RF1000_CASTER-TC-5.jpg

Yes, CASTER is the model name. And YES, a new RF-1000 for $150 (DOT + SNELL certified) is a no-brainer good deal :thumbsup:

I just picked up a new Shoei RX1100 a few days ago. Shoei is first class.

Good find Swamper!

I think I may keep searching to try to find another one for backup. Something about th RF1000 and the way the pads are set fits me better than the newer RF1100.

I bought my wife and I matching RF1000's in the 09 Blue/white hayabusa scheme for $149 in 2010. Love that helmet!

Same here I got it for same price off ebay $150 from some place down in the keys?
Now pads are melted. Wonder if I can send it back to shoei and have interior redone?

Same here I got it for same price off ebay $150 from some place down in the keys?
Now pads are melted. Wonder if I can send it back to shoei and have interior redone?

Blanca, CHEEK pads should be removable/replaceable so might still be able to save your old one.

It's the styrofoam inner that these snap into that melted. :(

crap...then integrity of helmet may be compromised then. I am guessing the EPS is 1-piece so may not be possible to be redone but check with Shoei to make sure (although I am guessing for liability reasons they will decline your request). :(

Back