Bought a full leather suit and boots today!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I took the plunge and bought a full leather 1-peice Frank Thomas suit day as well as some Alpine Star boots.  I was looking at getting the exhaust system first, but I figured this would a better investment at the moment.  

Over the past 6 months or so we have had 4 people go down who were riding with us.  None were seriously injured.  And the last person had on the same suit and just picked the bike up and kept on riding.  So I think its defiantly worth the money.  Even if I do feel kinda goofy in it.  

I bought it from Cycle Gear but they didn't have my size in the color I wanted so it will probably be next week before I actually receive it.  i'll post some pics when I get them.  

Its the all black one pictured here...
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cf....ier2=47

Anyway, thats my day.

lurk.gif

congrats... new leathers are almost as much fun as a new bike...

Hard to beat the price on that suit too.
Your gonna love the A-stars boots, I have Sidi road boots, but for the dirt, A-stars Tech 6 motocross boots and those things are among the most comfortable footwear I own.
ThumbsUp.gif

thumb_up.gif

Wish I could find a suit myself. Problem is they are made for you "buff" guys that eat tuna and not oreos.
tounge.gif

r8

thumb_up.gif

Wish I could find a suit myself. Problem is they are made for you "buff" guys that eat tuna and not oreos.  
tounge.gif

r8
So far my problem is the opposite, a lot of suit manufacturers seem to believe everyone who is 6'2" weighs around 220 lbs, not 180. If a suit fits my height, I have a 12 pack of beer worth of storage around the middle. And if they "fit", I'm singing soprano, unable to raise my arms without screaming and getting that
puke.gif
feeling.
Still looking too.

thumb_up.gif

tounge.gif

r8
So far my problem is the opposite, a lot of suit manufacturers seem to believe everyone who is 6'2" weighs around 220 lbs, not 180. If a suit fits my height, I have a 12 pack of beer worth of storage around the middle. And if they "fit", I'm singing soprano, unable to raise my arms without screaming and getting that  
puke.gif
feeling.
Still looking too.
lol, beleive me that was on thing that I did not like at all.  I hate the way it pulls on your crotch area when you try to stand up straight or raise your arms.  

Also I hope this thing gets easier to get on and off once the leather breaks in because it took me forever to get my arms out of it so I could take it back off.

BTW, im in no way "buff". Im getting quite the beer gut. Its just amazing how something that fits like a girdle can make you look buff.
sadnews.gif

does that have any armor in it,looks like shoulders but cant tell if it has elbow/forearm, spine protector..etc

wear it with body stocking under. i use jogger's stocking and body armour spandex shirt. you don't have to break your back trying to get it off your sweaty body.

good stuff man... ridin safe is the way to go! enjoy your new gear! keep us posted on the feel of it!

Whaddaya mean, goofy?! Bikers are the only group of people out there who can dress in leather in public and the public doesn't think you're strange!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I've never looked at anyone in full leathers, and said "what a goof-ball", BUT, if I saw myself in one, I'm sure I would !!  Probably look like a gay biker, from the 80's, LOL !!! 6ft. 235 lbs..........nah !!! Then again I'd never know what it felt like to "dragg-knee"
wowold.gif

super.gif
AM -->
Wag @ Jun. 28 2008 said:
1462453[/ATTACH] AM]
Whaddaya mean, goofy?! Bikers are the only group of people out there who can dress in leather in public and the public doesn't think you're strange!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--
werd.gif
That just has to be quoted.
yea unless riding in NE Indiana... got home from a run down 135 with the guys here (500 mile day) and a pack of squids got a good laugh at me in full leathers... (gotta admit, around here where all the corners have stoplights, it does look a bit over the top)..

I think full gear is just plain "Cool" myself.. Now if I had 5 different sets to match my stable of bikes, that would be ultra cool... Just take a peek at Don
laugh.gif

super.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

wear it with body stocking under. i use jogger's stocking and body armour spandex shirt. you don't have to break your back trying to get it off your sweaty body.
+1

I use the underarmour spandex shirt and pants. You can sweat excessively and still be able to pull off full leathers as if you slathered yourself in butter! It also keeps you a little bit cooler by wicking some moisture.

Otherwise, good luck trying to get those leathers off by yourself w/o some sort of under "stockings." It'll be a two person job.

Back