Bored Throttle Bodies

071300r

Registered
I am thinking about it.... However what is the pros and cons... Its a new 2012 with a full brocks system and a BMC air filter and PC5 thats all. will it still be streetable, or will I drown it, will it give me alittle more power/accelaration I dont want to go inside it I am just looking for a little more... Tell me what you think? Thanks in advance

I'm asking, not stating this:

1. What about butterflies? Won't you lose control of the air flow at part throttle? Bad for street?
2. If you add more air won't you need more fuel? Maybe need to control all injectors?
3. Wouldn't this work better with cam work?

Interesting idea though. I hadn't heard of this. :popcorn:

I'm asking, not stating this:

1. What about butterflies? Won't you lose control of the air flow at part throttle? Bad for street?
2. If you add more air won't you need more fuel? Maybe need to control all injectors?
3. Wouldn't this work better with cam work?

Interesting idea though. I hadn't heard of this. :popcorn:

More air in will always need more fuel also with the reduced venturi effect it will lose power down low but gain it up top so for street riding it defeats the purpose but on a track its great since your always in higher rpm's. We were taught about this with a carb on a flow bench in school that it reduces the velocity of air low end which reduces scavenge etc so ideally this would have the best effect on a motor with head work including port and polish and a set of cams and a custom tune to accommodate for the changes. Ive never done it but it makes sense as a venturi is used to create faster flow across the area where fuel is added so it dispurses the fuel more evenly throughout the air passing through, yes having a larger volume of air is great but it doesnt help until at higher rpm's where the engine is pulling the air in with more force.

ive done bored tb's on atvs and cars both with good results and none lost any low end power. you can do a straight or taper bore. i doubt with over 1300cc you will lose much streetability. reason being is that when you cruise around town you restrict flow with the throttle to maintain velocity up with is something that is not measured on a dyno. dyno pulls are made at WOT which in some cases you will lose low rpm air flow. if you did lose some low rpm hp when you are cruising around town who cares, you arent trying to race anyone but when you WOT that motor and pull high rpms, that is when you want more power and a bored tb will do just that.

Back