Bored and random thought

TheWheelman

Registered
How come very few people talk about the ZZR1200 as a comparable bike to the busa. ive never ridden one, nor am i backing them, but based on size and weight i would say its comparable to the busa, and its got a big powerplant, as well as good sport touring options, so whats the secret, the scoop, the 411, is the zzr just crap, or what. it would be my second choice to the bus i think, as far as looks go anyway.

-WHEELMAN

Because its a Kawi
face7.gif

For the most part, because people think of top speed when they think of the hayabusa. So in order to hear about a bike being compared to a hayabusa, -it had better be one of the fastest top speed bikes around.

The zx11 was the former top speed bike from 1990 to 1999. The honda Blackbird 1100xx came out in 1997 and "matched" the zx11 but never topped its highest speed.

The zzr1200 is the evolution of the zx11, -same ergos a little more hp and quicker to 100mph, however the zzr1200 does NOT, top the zx11 in top speed. The zx11 is still aerodynamically superior to the zzr1200, and will still go faster when given enough room to run.

Kawasaki built the zx12r to top the hayabusa in top speed, and we all know that it basically matched it, as well.

The zzr1200 having a lower top speed than kawi's bike of the 90's, is relegated to being a comfy sporty tourer with a hefty powerplant, but nothing above 170mph.

A very excellent bike, - however still carbeurated, and a bit old tech in its design...and heavy.

the zzr was the first bike i was looking for last spring i hunted all summer fo a dealer with one. the 5 dealers around me said they might be able to get one but they won`t stock it because they don`t sell, another said crap, and one said why does it have carbs?? thats when i was advised to look to a busa. and it fit me just right.
just my 2.5cents
baaa.gif

i agree that the technology is behind on the ZZR and that for the money the bus does go faster on the top... thanks for the responses though guys

-WHEELMAN

Back