boots or tennis shoes, which is safer?

busabitchrider

Registered
zzwhip.gif
Help settle this debate, which is safer for riding boots or tennis shoes? While riding on the back of my boyfriend's 'busa I had boots on but I still felt heat around my ankles. He says tennis shoes are the way to go. I would prefer not having any burns on my legs. Whaddya think?

I can't believe that you're asking this question. Tennis shoes are made for tennis; riding boots are made for riding. If you boyfriend doesn't think anymore of you than that, you need a new beau.

Don

Interesting screenname. With a name and question like that --- well almost smells fishy, but:
Tennis shoes: Fashionable, thin, built for comfort and agility. Cut off below ankle for maximum flexability.
Boots: Over the ankle protection, thick protection from heat of exhaust and rash from road.
Motorcycle boots: specifically designed for wearer's protection.

Dress for the crash to avoid the rash.... if you do, exhaust burns won't be an issue either...

(busabitchrider @ Sep. 21 2006,08:18)
zzwhip.gif
 Help settle this debate, which is safer for riding boots or tennis shoes? While riding on the back of my boyfriend's 'busa I had boots on but I still felt heat around my ankles. He says tennis shoes are the way to go. I would prefer not having any burns on my legs. Whaddya think?
You have got to be kidding right
rock.gif

In a crash Tennis shoes are the FIRST thing to go...they will come off your feet and you will
still be rollin' down the highway
sad.gif

Sorta sounds odd, but regardless. Your Boyfriends Braindead, and you should immediately leave him for Yamahor.

Please

troll_dontfeeddd.jpg

Don’t listen to all this self righteous crap flip flops are just fine!

I prefer to keep my feet at the end of my legs, where they belong. So I'm going with Boots.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 21 2006,11:55) Don’t listen to all this self righteous crap flip flops are just fine!
flip flops RULE.................

Check out the toes on the pass.

(An oldy but a goody.................)

post_6_98530_squid2.jpg

Its simple, boots offer more protection and better grip. I tell all my students that when they put a passenger on the back they are responsible for that passenger. So when they dress they should dress like the rider, that is fully geared up. If he cares about you he would want the most protection he can give you. I just hope you BF is fully protected when he rides.

Boyfriend is a drooley! Wipe his chin, find a new riding partner. When my girl is on the back, she is in the same atire I am in...boot, helmet, jacket...at the very least. I like her nice and pretty...with skin!

(StuckInBaghdad @ Sep. 22 2006,20:05) Boyfriend is a drooley! Wipe his chin, find a new riding partner. When my girl is on the back, she is in the same atire I am in...boot, helmet, jacket...at the very least.  I like her nice and pretty...with skin!
I second that !! Ditch the boyfriend !
wink.gif

shower shoes and a cut-off top works just fine 4 me.  Lamb also doesn't like the cumbersome fullface helmets and gloves.  They are hot!
AAAssjani.gif

Back