Boost By Smith Shift light with Auto-shift problem.

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I hooked up the shift light with the Autoshift.... I'm having a couple problems. The launch/upper limit light work fine... but the shift light doesn't come on until the tach is coming back down past my shift point. I set it to 7k to test.....I run to 9k and nothing happens until the RPMs drop off back down past 7k...then the light blinks.

Also...with the Autoshift on...it blows my Signal fuse...killing my dash...and the bike goes into neutral when trying to shift to 2nd. Like a partial shift due to the fuse blowing? I tried going to a 5 amp higher fuse....still blew it.

I'm using a DynoTune CO2 shifter that works great by itself....but hooking the Autoshift into the switch isn't working for some reason.

Anybody had a similar issue...or suggestions?

Thanks..

Have you contacted Greg(Boost by Smith)? His customer support is top notch IMO. Any problems I had installing/flashing he always replied back with just the right answers

Have you contacted Greg(Boost by Smith)? His customer support is top notch IMO. Any problems I had installing/flashing he always replied back with just the right answers

Thanks...I'm waiting to hear something back now...just getting antsy..lol

Problem solved...for the most part. Something was apparently shorting...maybe the Autoshift toggle switch that I hadn't installed yet...it was just sitting in the dash cavity...maybe touching something. The light still only comes on while the RPMs are dropping back past the set point...but the Auto shift works at the right place while they are going up....how strange....lol

Put a load in the tire as in riding it around the block to test it. I was having a similar issue because I was trying to be nice to the neighbors lol

I have the Boost by Smith shift light With auto shift.
I have not had very much luck with the auto shift have talked to Greg at Boost by Smith. He Gave me a few things to look at But sometimes it'll shift just fine other times it won't shift at all and all over rev. I can manually shift it with the horn button all day long.
Anyone out there got any ideas

Make sure your ground is isolated. Bolt it to the frame or engine somewhere by itself, with no other ground wires.

Back