Bonneville

BusaPops

Registered
I've always wanted to make a pilgrimage to the Bonneville salt flats to see some go fast cars and bikes. I've been looking at World of Speed in September and the Souther California Timing Associating meet in Oct.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these or would you recommend one over the other? I'd really like to see some over 300mph stuff.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
BusaPops

You're welcome to join us. Of course we'll be coming from Canada so meet us at the track. Look for the old fart on the big red Busa!

Some week I'll make it out there as well. Ask the guys over at landraing.com which event would be best. As far as seeing a 300+ run... well at least you'll hear about. :laugh:

My 2 cents. LSR is not much of a spectator sport. The long course is far from view and tracking vehicles at +250 mph is not easy with zoom lenses, binocs, etc. That being said the accessibility to the pits, the racer and crew comraderie and just setting foot on this legendary surface are all reasons to go. You can get up close and personal with the vehicles and crews in ways impossible at other racing events. I also encourage you to give it a go: I like the BUB event since it's bikes only. It's a great way to pop your salt cherry in the Run Whatcha brung class.BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials 2010. I've not raced at the SCTA events, but hear it's harder to get many runs in for the bikes because of the fact that it's mostly cars. Anyway, if you go to BUB, your always welcome in our pit. I'll be posting up as the event nears.

it is a really neat place to visit, nothing like i had pictured in my mind or even gotten from seeing on TV...to actually be there and talk to the riders as they are coming off the salt is cool!

IMG_1052 (Large).jpg

IMG_1049 (Large).jpg

IMG_1051 (Large).jpg

OK - thanks for the info guys. Started out with just me going - now it looks like there will be 6 of us. My sons, brother and Uncle all want to go too so that will be a rip for sure! We are shooting for the Sept date.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I would like to make it to the Texas mile one of these days. Maybe even make a couple of passes.

Back