Bonneville Motor

NMBusa

Registered
Would you guys & girls have recommendations for an engine builder & tuner on the west coast? Im thinking large displacement naturally aspirated. Probably won’t have the bike ready for 2010 season but thinking ahead to spring for the project start. Thanks in advance.

LMK what your thinking and how fast you wanting to go..tell me some of your experience and how bike is setup now...

Choose your builder wisely, WOT on a motor for miles at a time over and over ain't easy. :beerchug:

LMK what your thinking and how fast you wanting to go..tell me some of your experience and how bike is setup now...
What Daniel said... you need to pick the class you are going to chase and then start building to the rule book...

Amazing place Bonnie is... (Pics?)

First off I wont be using my 05 LE for this project. I have some parts now & like I said ill start the build after the first of the year. By BR rules my bike would fit into these classes PPP or maybe PPS. I would like to be in the mid 200's overall. Not saying thats what it needs to run right out of the box so to speak but tunable to that mark. I can handle getting the bike ready & set up, just want a good engine guy / tuner on call. Now I have riden a few turbo bikes and that might be the way I go but I wanted to test the waters on a big NA motor first.

Choose your builder wisely, WOT on a motor for miles at a time over and over ain't easy. :beerchug:

Yep that is for sure the case in all racing your only as good as the guy who built your engine, but a set up engine should be fine for many passes and who knows maybe a cruise down town ever now & then:laugh:

"PS / after thought"

Since I have a good amount of Gen 1 parts & bits ill prolly go that route on the salt build. I now that question was getting ready to be asked???

First off I wont be using my 05 LE for this project. I have some parts now & like I said ill start the build after the first of the year. By BR rules my bike would fit into these classes PPP or maybe PPS. I would like to be in the mid 200's overall. Not saying thats what it needs to run right out of the box so to speak but tunable to that mark. I can handle getting the bike ready & set up, just want a good engine guy / tuner on call. Now I have riden a few turbo bikes and that might be the way I go but I wanted to test the waters on a big NA motor first.

When you say mid 200's are we talking hp wise or speed wise?

That would be speed wise. Hell my 05 LE "cruiser" is just shy of 200HP to the wheel:laugh:

ok so a good package would be: decent experienced(medium sized rider),good suspension to keep tire planted,rid bike of almost all rolling resistance,with a good tuner and about 240 hp all motor should do it..

ok so a good package would be: decent experienced(medium sized rider),good suspension to keep tire planted,rid bike of almost all rolling resistance,with a good tuner and about 240 hp all motor should do it..

Well alright then I am an experienced rider. The bike will have good suspension & it will be light as I can make it. Those have been in my plans from the get go. The frame & suspension is from a 01 donor, I have some NR cases, RND tranny, Carrillo rods, and a few other bit's from a good friend’s turbo drag bike that should work out just fine. And your HP estimation seems on track with what we learned from the drag bike. But I think a large displacement NA motor can make plenty more HP and then tune it back to live. So having said all that are you recommending yourself as the builder & tuner??

Well alright then I am an experienced rider. The bike will have good suspension & it will be light as I can make it. Those have been in my plans from the get go. The frame & suspension is from a 01 donor, I have some NR cases, RND tranny, Carrillo rods, and a few other bit's from a good friend’s turbo drag bike that should work out just fine. And your HP estimation seems on track with what we learned from the drag bike. But I think a large displacement NA motor can make plenty more HP and then tune it back to live. So having said all that are you recommending yourself as the builder & tuner??

No Sir not at all...just asking ?'s...

are rods new?
tranny fresh?w
what other bits from a turbo dragbike are you thinking of using..

No Sir not at all...just asking ?'s...

are rods new?
tranny fresh?w
what other bits from a turbo dragbike are you thinking of using..

The rods have been used but have been checked (there in good shape) the tranny is fresh & ready, not sure what I might use I really need to sit down and look at what we both have and see how it will work out.

The rods have been used but have been checked (there in good shape) the tranny is fresh & ready, not sure what I might use I really need to sit down and look at what we both have and see how it will work out.

A dragbike & LSR bike are 2 different animals,I would watch what you crossover from a drag motor to a lsr motor very closely.The effects on parts are so different you may be asking for some trouble..

A dragbike & LSR bike are 2 different animals,I would watch what you crossover from a drag motor to a lsr motor very closely.The effects on parts are so different you may be asking for some trouble..

Yeah I understand that, while I don’t have alot of Hayabusa motor / set up experience I do have alot in other forms of going fast. Like I wrote before ill just have to set down take a long look at the parts, get with an experienced builder & tuner and go from there.

Ok peps :poke: since no one has actually said who they would recomend or use too build & tune a Busa motor. How about point me in the right direction / drop some hints and I can take it from there. Thanks ahead of time.

Back