Bolts for lowering on upper triple tree

dx3

Registered
Folks,

I just purchased a Busa that has been lowered at the front tree. However, the bolts used were not stainless steel and have thus rusted. I figure I could replace the bolts locally for relatively cheap, but didn't know the thread pitch, length etc. Does anyone know? My local bike shop has the kit for $64, but I would much rather just replace the bolts as they are the only issue... I don't know how long I will own the bike, so this seems like the best option.

So long story short, I need the measurements/pitch for the 4 bolts that go through the upper tree (Allen head bolts.)

Regards,
Jonny

You can't remove one an take it to the store an get it matched??? think there is a lock washer that goes there also.

The replacement bolts and thread will vary with the company that supplied the kit. I've even seen SAE size/threads used by some kits.

Measure the block (or spacers) and ping DR1300R. He should be able to tell you the size needed.

M10x80mm for a 1" spacer. Boostbysmith has the black caps that fit those socket heads too, $4 for 10. Finding the bolts you need in stainless can be hard, unless you buy them by the box, which is very expensive, more than the $64 from the dealer. The bolts I used in mine are steel too. They just have some light surface rust on the bolt head. The rust wiped off and I used a sharpie and then Smith's black caps, problem solved:laugh:. I seriously doubt they will ever rust enough to compromise the strength of the bolts though.

Ive got these if your interested.... PM me

SANY1324.jpg

Sorry guys, one other question. Is there any reason these need accessible on a daily basis?

I was thinking about picking one of these up

CARBON TRIPLE CLAIM COVER SUZUKI GSXR 1300 HAYABUSA : eBay Motors (item 260647731839 end time Aug-18-10 03:46:51 PDT)

I spoke to the gentleman who sells them and he said he could order me one without the 4 holes drilled for these bolts... Would this look weird?

Thanks guys,
Jonny

No, they'll be fine, order away. There's no need to have the holes in it. Make sure to use a lock washer, nylon insert lock nut, or some thread lock on them. And you can easily reach the nut on the bottom to check that they are tight. No worries.

Here ya go this is factory... M10 x 1.25 pitch x 60MM long
1.25" is max spacer and you will need to go to a 90mm in length, fastenal is where I used to buy mine from..

Hope this helps you.. :thumbsup:

Here ya go this is factory... M10 x 1.25 pitch x 60MM long
1.25" is max spacer and you will need to go to a 90mm in length, fastenal is where I used to buy mine from..

Hope this helps you.. :thumbsup:

This is excellent - thank you sir :thumbsup: Now I just need to measure my spacer and make my way to Fastenal. Thanks again,

Jonny

Back