Bolt-on extension for swingarm

What do y'all know about it? I am preparing my Busa for the strip with one tooth down up front to see how it does, but I would like to keep that front wheel as close to the ground as possible. I saw a Busa in the shop yesterday with a bolt on extension and thought that might be a quick way to add some inches. What do y'all think?

Thanks

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. Have you lowered the rear? Do you strap the front down? How much are you wanting to spend? What other mods have you done to your bike?

I haven't done anything to my bike except some bolt on D&D's, and today I'll be dropping a tooth up front - that's it. What I am trying to accomplish is keeping the bike parallel with the ground. I just want to get as much out of first gear as possible before the front wheel climbs for the sky, and I know dropping a tooth up front is not going to help the situation any. PLUS I have the black on black Busa and I really don't want to replace the stock swingarm with a new one. Maybe a bolt on wheelie bar? Hmmmm. I don't know about lowering it either, I am 6'1 and the drag racing will probably only be a once a month deal. I don't want to come to a stop and put my knees down. It's the perfect height for me just like it is.

So, I don't know. I haven't really checked them out, I just saw them on a busa yesterday and was curious if y'all had any experience with them.

Based on what I'm hearing I think you should look into strapping the front end down at the track and lower the rear. They make dogbones that have more than one adjustment. One for the track and one for the street, doesn't take to long to move. Should really make a difference in your sixty foot times! The swing arm extensions aren't as user friendly and cost a lot more (investment) cash. What ever you decide to due, practice, practice, practice.........Need I say more! This is really the best improvement you can make without spending any money. As you become comfortable with your bike experiment with different launch techniques, eventually you'll find one that soots you. When you get ready for aftermarket parts try and only do one at a time! Real hard to trouble shoot when you've changed three or four things at a time. Hope this helps.......................Ks

Thanks KS. I really don't think I'm going to change much on this bike. I got the slip on's just so I could hear my falcon breathe, and want the smaller front sproket for quicker drag times. I will never hit top speed on this bike (limited or not), so I just thought I would gear it a little different so the power would be availible where I will be using it. Personally, I don't think this bike needs a darned thing. It is the first bike that I have been completly satisfied with. I just want to keep the nose closer to the ground when in a first gear launch.

BTW, do you currently own a 1990 ZX10 or did you just own one at one time? A buddy of mine owned one of those 13 years ago when I was on a Katana 600. He let me cruise it for a day, and I remember the grin I had when I opened her up. Man I wanted that bike! It's a nice looking machine too.

Anywho, thanks for the input.

There just happens to be a gold Busa up at the shop right now with a front strap on it. Looks pretty simple to me. I think I'm gunna give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks again KS.

TL1000Rextended.jpg

TL1000Rextended2.jpg

Back