bolt caps

cole414

Registered
this is my first post, been lurking here since i bought my 08 orange and black busa last june, i live in claremore okla. near tulsa, i really enjoy this site, my question is i purchased soupys 1inch bar risers,the cheap ones with spacers and bolts and i cant figure out how to get the little chrome bolt caps off without scratching the top clamp, there isnt enough room to get a hold of them with any kind of pliers or get under them with a small screwdriver and the bolt just turns when i put a wrench on the nuts, my previous bike was a 1982 gs1100ez that i am really missing, sorry no pictures i dont know anything about computers.

Figure the pc out...soon...we need pics. You can't claim to have an '08 orange and black (the fastest color) and show nothing. Welcome.

:welcome: to the org. I had to drill a hole in one and pull it out with a hooked scrib.
I had damaged it, so I wasn't going to reuse it anyway. Bought some new ones at the dealer.

:welcome: to the org. The fishing line should work. Who do you ride with? I'm from Claremore also and we have a few people on the org from the tulsa area.

I've never tried fishing line - that might be interesting.

I use a very small thin scraper; it's kind of a specialty item. A feeler's gauge could work too. You can also place masking tape on the top clamp AND lay a putty knife or similar on the clamp to pry on top of.

I've seen these things HACKED UP by some folks with scratches on the top clamp as well. Take your time and Welcome.

fiend44444 i dont have any one to ride with, i live in tacora hills between claremore and oolagah, i am the mechanic at rogers state university and mostly just ride back and forth to work, as i have a weekend job in tulsa, thats about the only time i have oppurtunity to use a computer, i,ll have to have my daughter show me how to post pictures, i get off work at 4pm, i could meet you at the gas station by the college at bluestar and 88 sometime.

You need to send Demmym a PM and get on his Oklahoma list. :thumbsup:

fiend44444 i dont have any one to ride with, i live in tacora hills between claremore and oolagah, i am the mechanic at rogers state university and mostly just ride back and forth to work, as i have a weekend job in tulsa, thats about the only time i have oppurtunity to use a computer, i,ll have to have my daughter show me how to post pictures, i get off work at 4pm, i could meet you at the gas station by the college at bluestar and 88 sometime.

Not a problem. Just let me know. What building up at RSU I might ride through there one day and try to find you if I get bored and we get out of these 102 degree days.

the physical plant on bluestar, where the buses are parked, i take lunch from 12 to 1, you can come in there any time, i am at the last bay on the west end of the building.

Back