bohn armor shirt

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
thanks to john h. on the board for selling me a brand new bohn body armor shirt that was sitting in his closet. this armor is great on hot days, i wear a t-shirt under it. the armor shirt has great CE armor throughout. the mesh feels sturdy and the shirt is well made and has a nice finished.

thanks again john.

pic of the front...

IMG_0459.JPG

thats a cool alternative to a full jacket....never seen those before- 'course I've only been back on the bike scene for a little over a year now...where can I find those for sell?
rock.gif
any websites ===
rock.gif
? thanks, Chris

100_4945copy.jpg

rock.gif

Bohn ( pronounced Bone) is a local company (Chico CA) without a retail location. They're products are generally regarded as world class and meet all the new Euro specifications. I was looking at they're back protector but the cost was just a wee bit high.

(this shirt has a humerus bone proection which is very good)

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Bohn Armour Mesh Jacket Review -

I returned mine. The mesh snagged easily and I had one heck of a time with their customer service to regain my cash.

The elbow pads WERE NOT sewn on correctly and their positions were on the inside of the arm. I had to keep twisting them "back" into place.

I hope this newer design fairs better for buyers. I just don't have patience for sub-quality gear. It looks like they are using the same material, so I don't know if anything changed except for pad look and design.

It was great to ride ONCE with for the cooling properties, but I returned in and decided on Dainese instead.

There are many different companies that make this sort of gear. Some that come to mind are Alpinestars, Icon (vest), Fox Racing, SixSixOne and others. I have a Fox racing one, but my next will be SixSixOne. Most of them are CE certified and most have even more substantial back armor than the Bohn.

Bohn and Alpinestars are rather pricey. The SixSixOnes are reasonable.

I have the the sixsixone one, I love it, I would recommend it it to anyone, I went down in it and had no problems.

6426-00_1.jpg
6426-00_4.jpg
6426-00.jpg

(BigSimp @ Jul. 10 2007,16:55) I have the the sixsixone one, I love it, I would recommend it it to anyone, I went down in it and had no problems.

6426-00_1.jpg
6426-00_4.jpg
6426-00.jpg
I like that, what are those plates made of? How muchy?
tounge.gif
Link?

Back