Body lights?

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Is that what this is? How are these typically controlled? I can't find a switch.

20230111_102335.jpg

If there's no switch they might be fob controlled....

There must be a switch somewhere...
Do you agree that this is what they are? I found more.

Single red wire departs battery and runs under heat shield on right side to a 30A relay. Another of these lights (I think) is right near it

20230111_125825.jpg

20230111_125833.jpg

20230111_125918.jpg

And the hits keep on coming.. I wondered why there would be a 30A relay in a circuit for a few little lights so I got to looking a little closer. There's an aftermarket horn shoved in there and not even secured.

The HID headlight is getting its power from the relay also

20230111_130954.jpg

I’d say the relay is for the air horn someone has dropped in. They pull around 17amps from memory and the standard horn wiring won’t support them.
I’ve done a heap of installs for friends on 109’s and they def need a relay pulling power from the battery, triggered by the factory horn loom

I don’t believe they are lights at all. I think from memory, they are wire joiner type thing. My bike has a heap of them as well. I think they act as a point of intersection in the loom.
Def NOT lights though.
They are a factory connector? I've had my bike stripped down but I don't recall seeing those...

(in saying that, if I went out to the garage, uncovered the bike and looked underneath the tank I might see them as well...?)

Don’t take my location pics as standard.. lol
I’ve got custom wiring on mine.
From the cruise, gen3 switchgear, front and rear USB ports.
But I’m fairly confident, they’ll be there somewhere..
I've got a Bazzaz and a Translogic QS, I've had this thing torn down wiring those but still can't recall seeing those connectors, maybe they are covered in tape?

I will have to really look sometime.

@smithabusa you have had to see those connectors in your travels

I’d say the relay is for the air horn someone has dropped in. They pull around 17amps from memory and the standard horn wiring won’t support them.
I’ve done a heap of installs for friends on 109’s and they def need a relay pulling power from the battery, triggered by the factory horn loom
Yes, agreed. The horn and the HID headlight

Back