Bob downii

Iam so sorry to hear another one is down. Too many recently.

I also hope you have a fast recovery and no longterm damages. Keep us updated. And if a bit of time passed by - maybe share your story what happened exactly...

We can all learn from an accident that happened in some or another way.
All the best from me!

You know as I see this coming up more and more my need to ride is being tempered with my need to live.

While I completely loved the joy this bike has brought me, I haven't been able to ride in over a year now. Work sort of has taken up too much of my life. Plus heat. I'm starting to feel like maybe this chapter needs to have it's ending written and closed.

Too many well experienced riders that I'd consider better than me, are going down and suffering more than scuffs and scrapes in the process.

You know as I see this coming up more and more my need to ride is being tempered with my need to live.

While I completely loved the joy this bike has brought me, I haven't been able to ride in over a year now. Work sort of has taken up too much of my life. Plus heat. I'm starting to feel like maybe this chapter needs to have it's ending written and closed.

Too many well experienced riders that I'd consider better than me, are going down and suffering more than scuffs and scrapes in the process.

In all things there comes a time when you have to revisit your priorities. If your desire for motorcycling has waned, it just might be time to hang up the helmet...this has to be your call and it won't be an easy one.

(knock on wood|) I have logged over 40 yrs of riding with zero major accidents and only a couple low slides (one into a farmer field full of mud and the other across an intersection covered in coolant) in neither cases was I hurt and the bike was able to ride away. Once I was knocked off my Bandit when an old(er) lady cut a corner short, I was not hurt and the Bandit was fixed in an hour.

I lived a life on the edge deploying to some of the most nasty places on earth and have learned to gauge my outlook on what I do based on what I get out of it. I almost got out of biking myself but getting the Hayabusa I now have has rejuvenated my desire to ride and instead of getting a service dog, I got a service bike.

Heal up buddy !!! At 56 I find myself coming up with more excuses to not ride then to go out , I have a Vmax that I go out on for those nice slow rides but the 1441 Busa just brings out the right hand issues . If I could get some of the money I put into it I would sell but how do you get race bike with all the best stuff money back lol

I had a crash Saturday, Bike is totaled I have compound break left leg and ankle right leg is donor of tissues skin& vanes to save left foot. Crushed spleen. 8 broken ribs , compound breaks of the scapula. Road rash cuts and bruises I’m lucky to be alive
You have a long recovery ahead of you, all I can say is I and my family wish all the best to you and your family. It's times such as this in which we really take a look at our priorities.

Bikes can be replaced, it is very fortunate you are still with us.

Back