BMWs S1000RR DYNO

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
Bone stock, Full Devil Titanium Exhaust, no powercommander (not available yet), or any other tuning box . . .

s1000rdyno.jpg

Anyone have easy access to what all the other litre bikes are putting out roughly? Aren't their HP quite a bit less?

Not worried from a Busa perspective, liter bikes have been coming up on our power figures for the past few years.

Damn fast though, should be interesting to see what some people do with them. I think MSRP is around 14k?

QUOTE=POWERHOUSE;2346666]Bone stock, Full Devil Titanium Exhaust, no powercommander (not available yet), or any other tuning box . . .[/QUOTE]

Well its not really bone stock is it since you have a Full Devil TI exhaust? Anyways those are nice numbers! I test road one 2 weeks ago. Heres my take on it PROS- faster then any factory 1000cc bike even the new busa, its like riding a pogo stick(which is good for me since i love stunts period), its lighter then any 1000cc bike, CONS- aftermarket parts cost alot more then any asian bike, I hear their warranty and support is crappy,Not as comfrotable to ride as a busa, Doesnt havea gas hand like a busa, its new so not a lot of parts for it and its not tried and true . Having said that I'm not knocking the bike. I actually been thinking abotu selling 1 or 2 of my busas, my cbr 929 and 2 mini bikes to clear space and buy the bmw! Also I like the fact alot of people wont have them b/c theres alimited number that will be imported in this year and teh price tag! If I could get 230hp out of that bike with some boltons and head work id be sold on it! I ride lots of curves and straights at fast speeds, ride wheelies so this is a good bike for it and it handles well! I'm just so indecisive... Keep us and if its not a prob keep me posted about your bike and parts b/c im really interstead in it! I been waiting on someone to bring the BMW up on this board I was kinda sceptic about posting anything about the bike on this board, since i dont post alot. lol Congrates on having a superior 2 wheel beast!:thumbsup:[

Check out the akrapovic exhaust numbers...

up to 191.3 with a max gain of 11.15hp
191 horses on a bike that light...holy watch your six batman
bye bye Busas...

Not to mention traction control...line up at the dragstrip and just hit
it full out...NO WHEEL SPIN, should be a perfect launch. I'm dying to see
what this thing can do in a quarter mile....

bmw_s1000rr_2010_complete_rac_evo_.jpg

Plus it looks smokin' with the AK....

3_bmw_s1000_rr_2010_bel.jpg

2_bmw_s1000_rr_2010_bel.jpg

till a clutch mod is made i dont think itll be posting any crazy time slips. prob some high mph but dunno.

things a beast for for sure but the price tag and new model will hold me off to see whats in its future.

I am wondering why there is not any hard performance numbers out there yet 1/4 mile, top speed. From what I gather this bike has not posted the numbers to match it's dyno numbers, what I have seen is top speed is around 183, quarter mile in the 10's. I am confident it is a competent liter bike just doubtful It is a busa killer on the top end.

This bike as tested, was well over 18 grand . . . the RWHP using the STD correction factor was 190. With the torque only being in the 82 foot pound range, I wouldn't expect this bike to be a Busa killer at all, but like all liter bikes, you need to jump on them before they get the jump on you . . . and of course, because of the addition of a pipe without the benefit of a tune, I expect when a powercommander finally does become available (don't hold your breath!), this bike will go over 190 SAE rear wheel horse with no problem.

We will be checking another S1000RR - totally stock - in another week or so. I expect it to make about 180-182 rear wheel . . .:beerchug:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: That thing is awesome...

That front end I still find hideous, can't get past the headlights :laugh:

Prices start at $13,800 MSRP

With the options I prefer.

MSRP (US) $13,800.00
Color Options:
Thunder Grey Metallic $0.00
Mechanics Options:
HP Gearshift Assistant, Factory Installed $450.00
Convenience Options:
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Factory Installed $1,480.00
Total: $15,730.00

Last edited:
they got a list of acc that can be had with it.... only exhaust upgrade is the akra silencer.
they have folding levers a ton of carbon trim, and adjustable rearsets. one sweet ride. i think if i had 20k to spend on a bike id get one. but i dont and probably wont ever pay that much for one stock anyways....

Man did you notice how high the footpegs are mounted. I don't see tall guys being comfortable on that bike. I'm only 5'5" so I would not mind.:laugh:

The real test will be the Texas/Maxon mile.As far as stock "ENGINE" goes.The Gen2 set the mark really high.Fast starts at 200..............But that beemer has to be killer at the track [roadcourse]

Back