BMW Stop Ride

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
So I purchased this little BMW thinking it was going to be the cats meow....it's a great bike and I'm well pleased with the performance and features. Then I get a little notice from BMW that says I can't / shouldn't ride it. There is a problem in the rear suspension. A mechanical issue that could lead to a crash. This is open ended at this point as there is no solution in place. No target date for a fix. I'm not even sure how to respond to this?

20140227_170515_zpse54abf44.jpg

Send a little note to BMW that you will stop riding the bike when they send you a replacement loaner bike.

Did you buy it from a dealership new? Is it still under warranty?

If it was me i'd take it back 2 a BMW dealership and show them the notice you got and see if they can shed any further light on the situation. If there isn't a fix or 1 in the works 4 the immediate future I would look 4 a trade towards another model of equal value.

I wouldn't ride it because you received notice from them so they have their azzes covered should something occur and you wind up injured. Not worth the risk IMO

Still no contact from BMW or the dealer? You would think they tried to be ON TOP of things when their best selling bike goes down completely!

This sux Charlie. But I do know how I'd respond..

I buy your old Busa back. How long did you ride that without a single issue?? You're having horrible luck switching from Suzuki. Come up here, I'll let you ride around my Hayatourer. LOL

Good luck man, this stinks. I tagged you on FB when I heard about this, I thought it was what you rode.

Did you buy it from a dealership new? Is it still under warranty?

If it was me i'd take it back 2 a BMW dealership and show them the notice you got and see if they can shed any further light on the situation. If there isn't a fix or 1 in the works 4 the immediate future I would look 4 a trade towards another model of equal value.

I wouldn't ride it because you received notice from them so they have their azzes covered should something occur and you wind up injured. Not worth the risk IMO

stop paying for it? Seems fair to me.......
I agree with getting with the dealer. That dude paid cash for that bike :laugh:

You would think they could come up with something better than don't ride your bike. That is just lame.

Dealer called today...said I can demo any bike bmw makes for the time mine is down. I'll say that's pretty good service right there!

Pandora's is a great dealer. They ride what they sell. Justin rides with STT quite a bit.

Oh...if you post of pic of you on top of a S1000RR, I am gonna FREAK.....

Back