bmw s1000rr

bigboy

Registered
Just went to a bike show and looked at the bmw up close for the second time.its a beautiful bike but it is very small.for most average size men it would look a little silly.the technology is amazing too.but i dont think its an eye catcher like the busa styling.
the busa always stands out.and its way more comfortable.
also i did not care for the gauge cluster or dash whatever.i like how the busa looks good and symmetrical behind the wheel or bars. the bmw looks thrown together behind the wheel.

Idk the dash isn't any worse than other 1k's. gives a bit more info actually.

Seems the 1k and such give need to know info and don't worry about aesthetics. Here's the 1k in the garage. Not as stylish as the Busa.

image-1057527251.jpg

But I do agree. The s1000rr wouldn't fit me either.

image-1057527251.jpg

I haven't ridden one but from everything I have heard on the track you wouldn't be looking down at the dash anyway...

Don't some track day instructors cover everything but the tach? I haven't been, may be bs.

tuffbusa can talk to the instructor side but I assure you that I never look at my gauges, it just doesn't matter on the track... you ride the gears and the sounds of the bike..

There is a video on youtube of a guy on a bmw that was turning a corner going about 120 and he hit the rev limiter while he was in a lean and crashed. ill try to find the video

I remember considering the zx14. When it came out but the seat was uncomfortable and the cockpit was just an eye sore to me.the busa felt perfect the minute i sat on it.

I also saw the limited edition busa black and red with a red seat.it was sexy sorry no pics.the lady who worked for suzuki said they are very tight lipped about the gen 3 busa but only could say it would have more cc.obviously they are going to give more power its a busa.

i just love the hayabusa legend.if you ask twenty people what a bmw s1000rr is odds are noone will know.when i ride down the street people stare at my bike and say hey is that a hayabusa.i love it.i also love how most bikers are afraid to ride it.either they dont have the balls or they are afraid they wont be able to restrain themselves from going crazy with the throttle

I test rode one with my father in law, along with a K1300GT (he was considering both) and i'll tell you what, they're both very fast, but the S1K is incredibly uncomfortable. it felt like someone took a hot cinderblock and put wheels on it. The speed of acceleration and how quickly it flicked side to side was amazing. I felt like I was on a coke'd up dirt bike. if you're in the market, get the 13 or 14, or the HP4. the wheelie mitigation tried to kill me. the front wheel would pop up (not float up like the bus) and the tcs would chop the throttle and rack my babymaker on the tank, then give back full throttle and pop up again, and crush my pieces again. it would power wheelie on accident in second, and the steering got light in third, the quickshifter was fantastic. I almost got a ticket for 130 in a 65. but all that amazing hooliganery couldn't get me past how much pain my rear was in, or how HOT that seat got.

and that's why the busa's getting a big bore, lol.

Junk, messed up eyeballs and all :whistle:

but then again it doesn't come in puke green :laugh:

i actually like the headlights alot. but i dont think this bike will go down as a legend.especially since so many cant fit it ha ha.

I haven't ridden one but from everything I have heard on the track you wouldn't be looking down at the dash anyway...

Come to Eureka Springs this year and you can ride mine Cap. :thumbsup:

And no I didn't get rid of my Hayabusa.

Come to Eureka Springs this year and you can ride mine Cap. :thumbsup:

And no I didn't get rid of my Hayabusa.

Thanks for the offer, if I can't afford to replace it I don't ride em.... Explains the scooter pics from last year huh!

If I could buy another motorcycle right now, this would be it :)

Back