BMC AIR FILTER

busa9

Registered
After many many hours on this board, I decided to start checking to some of the mods that may or may not have been done to my busa.

First off I bought the bike in march and had it gone through by a mech. just to let me know if there were any problems with it he could find, told me no bike was in excelent shape but I never knew about mods until I came to this site now I'am checking everything.

I have a 2000 that has a full HINDLE system on it and today I found out that it has a BMC air filter also, the pair valve mod was done by me, and the computer has been remapped but it has no pcII pcIII usb or anything like that!!!

I have been told on the site to get a pc but which one, also been told to have it dyno tuned but I need some input on a good tuner around my parts no shop here in lima ohio does it!!! Fort Wayne In. Dayton Ohio, Toledo Ohio any of these places are close enough for me to go to or any other place within 2 or so hours would be ok!!!

Also would I need to do the air box mod that seems so popular or is just running the BMC good enough???

When you get a pc does it come preloaded with the info on all the mods that you have already programmed in or do you do it or let a tuner do it?
rock.gif

I know this is a lot of info for one post but I want to get all this done in one shot so all the input I can get first will keep me from making mistakes I have to fix later!!!

thanks

First off, call Suzuki and give them the VIN #, make sure the timing chain recall has been done. This will cost you nothing, but will save you much in the long run. Schnitz has a dyno in Ft. Wayne, buy a pc3 and pay for a custom map. The preset maps are better than nothing, but a custom map is best. Do the airbox mod before going, or you'll have to do it again.

RECALL HAS BEEN DONE GOT AHOLD OF JOHNNY CHEESE AND HE SET ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!
THANKS

Back