Blue Smoke

fjrguy

Registered
I have a friend who just bought a brand new Busa. While following him yesterday, I noticed quite alot of blue smoke during shifts and any decelleration. I know its not broken in yet and rings are not seated, but I always thought blue during off-throttle was valve guide related. I dont remember having any blue on any new engine I have broken in. Is this normal on the busa motor?

How many miles does he have on it
rock.gif

Change the oil and keep riding it. ..I wouldnt worry about it for awhile, give it some time...

Hi my o4 limited is just started to smoke, after it sits for about 15 minutes. Only when you start it?
rock.gif
??
PS its only got 2500 mi.

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113879687 -->

He had about 160 miles on it as of yesterday. He plans on doing the first oil change at 500. If it still does it after that, sounds like a trip to the service dept may be in order. Does the busa need a throttlebody sync. after the first 600 too?

Its not that unusual for strange smells and a little smoke for the first couple of hundred miles.

Oooh and WELCOME to the board.

If the weather is cold and or damp the stock exhaust does put out alot of steam...

I HAVE A 2001 - BOUGHT IT WITH 1800 MILES ON IT- NOW HAS 25000- HAS BEEN BURNING OIL THE WHOLE TIME- ON A 4 DAY TRIP LAST YEAR- WENT THRU 3 QTS- BUT THERE WAS A 6 HOUR PERIOD OF 110-170 MPH CRUISING INVOLVED- ANY THOUGHTS?

welcome to the board...!!

Never had that happenning on Elenor...
smile.gif

How many miles has your frind put on this busa
rock.gif

I HAVE A  2001 -  BOUGHT IT WITH 1800 MILES ON IT- NOW HAS 25000- HAS BEEN BURNING OIL THE WHOLE TIME- ON A 4 DAY TRIP LAST YEAR- WENT THRU 3 QTS-  BUT THERE WAS A 6 HOUR PERIOD OF 110-170 MPH CRUISING INVOLVED- ANY THOUGHTS?
in my opinion, thats too much oil. Make sure its not leaking it.
First an foremost...do a plug read. easy enough .

if you need a hand with that,get back to us.

He had about 160 miles on it as of yesterday.  He plans on doing the first oil change at 500.  If it still does it after that, sounds like a trip to the service dept may be in order.   Does the busa need a throttlebody sync. after the first 600 too?
I believe in ... fast break-in/ fast motor. Also a tight motor.
I could explain why, but I dont have an' hour...

The first oil change might aswell occur after 20 miles. Ya, just 20 miles.

Tell him not to baby it... ride it like he stole it. Thats what a rev-limiter is for.

Throttle body sync... not that I have heard, but ya never know. Even the first bucket shim adjust, is just about pointless,mine was bang on... I think 99.9% are fine.

Tell him to ride that beech like a 3-dollar ho...

If he wants them rings sealed up tight on the wall...

a 3 dolla' ho.

Back