Blue Light Special

webbashl

Registered
Well I had my first experience with the blue gum ball machine this morning coming into work. I've always said I would never run, but before I knew it I was burning asphalt up. STUPID!!! Anyway I didn't get pulled, but what has been "yalls" (it's a southern thing sorry) experience being pulled for speeding? Cops reasonably or jerks??

Stories vary from person to person, state to state, incident to incident...there's not one certain way riders are treated over another after years of reading these threads...what stands out to me are the stories of guys that have been pulled and that cooperated fully with the police; many (not all) get off with just a warning and are able to post up about good encounters with the police.  Most of those stories stem from guys that admitted they were speeding...

I personally wouldn't ever run...too much risk, too easy for 'em to call further down the road and have others nab you, far too much adrenaline running to ride responsibly, but I will say I'm glad you're okay...

What Michelle said mainly applies. But I will say that I have ridden in a lot of places(states) calling a few home along the way. 2 states stand out as being particular aholes when it comes to cops. Louisiana and Fla. Never lived in La but driven through a few times. Fla they "look" for reasons to screw with you. Tell you what a big break they are cutting you as they write your ticket up.

I would never actually outrun but if it takes them long enough to pull over and turn around I would maybe take a few turns to avoid. If I see blue lights behind me though its just not worth it to me.

i havent run from the leos in a long time. i find when pulled over that to be polite works best. 1 ticket in countless pulls

Been pulled over 14 times in the last 4 years and have only got 3 tickets and one of those was a fix it ticket.

If you run then your an Azz Hat IMHO

(race24x @ Aug. 17 2007,06:32) I would never actually outrun but if it takes them long enough to pull over and turn around I would maybe take a few turns to avoid. If I see blue lights behind me though its just not worth it to me.
Well pretty much that is what happen to me this morning. He had to turn around and wait for the traffic so I took a couple side streets. But still NOT a very smart thing to do!! I believe I was more affarid of telling my wife I had a ticket than the cop pulling me!!!

I would not run, too many bad car drivers around here that would cause havoc. Most importantly, is not to put your family in a position of such tragedy if it all goes wrong. Is it really worth it? Ultimately the local cops will recognize your bike and begin to target it. A friend of mine used to run from the cops and had to spray paint his bike a different color in hopes they would not recognize him. Ultimately he wrecked and destroyed the bike but will live on with a badly broken leg. Thank God he wore the helmet I loaned him. That saved his life. I find that if you treat the cop with respect, you'll received the same. Most cops only do what they have to do. They like it simple.

Glad you got away dude.... F em'...
beerchug.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 17 2007,18:flamethrowing:) Glad you got away dude.... F em'...
beerchug.gif
I'm not trying to start anything but as a former police officer I'd rather not read comments like your last words. Perhaps you would like to open up that comment to all the military as well? We are all fighting and putting our life on the line to protect the citizens of this great country. Some do it overseas and some do it here at home. And believe it or not, the majority of us do have good intentions when we pull someone over. I pulled over a vehicle to investigate DWI and took a bullet in the shoulder. I never recovered mentally and left the force after 6 short years. Shooter was probably saying the same thing as you when he pulled the trigger. There are bad apples in every occupation and perhaps you have met a few... IMO if your "man" enough to break the law, be man enough to pay the price if you get caught. If you don't like the laws, become an influence in your community and leverage to change the laws. Just my .02

I have yet to be pulled over in the 1.5 years I have had my bike. I would feel I would be treated terrible since I am 21. Hopefully the cops will realize if they ever catch me speeding that when I pull over they will be gentle since A LOT of people here in Kansas City run.

What is the offense of running and getting caught. Because I am too young to be man handled.
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(KanjiBusa @ Aug. 17 2007,22:53) What is the offense of running and getting caught. Because I am too young to be man handled.  
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif
I think now it's a federal affense.That's bad.

SHOCKED.gif

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 17 2007,22:31)
(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 17 2007,18
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Glad you got away dude.... F em'...
beerchug.gif
I'm not trying to start anything but as a former police officer I'd rather not read comments like your last words. Perhaps you would like to open up that comment to all the military as well? We are all fighting and putting our life on the line to protect the citizens of this great country. Some do it overseas and some do it here at home. And believe it or not, the majority of us do have good intentions when we pull someone over. I pulled over a vehicle to investigate DWI and took a bullet in the shoulder. I never recovered mentally and left the force after 6 short years. Shooter was probably saying the same thing as you when he pulled the trigger. There are bad apples in every occupation and perhaps you have met a few... IMO if your "man" enough to break the law, be man enough to pay the price if you get caught. If you don't like the laws, become an influence in your community and leverage to change the laws. Just my .02
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(proud dad @ Aug. 17 2007,19:51) SnapAttack.....sorry to hear about the shoulder.Hope you or someone got the low life.
Partner and I emptied rounds into the vehicle and killed 10 year old passenger and 17 year old driver/shooter. There are times to this day that I can't look my 10 year old son in the face without reliving that night. Thanks for the words.

I got blue lighted last night, romping down the mountain on Hwy 129. I saw a small SUV ahead, and the sign showing single lane ahead. Not wanting to be behind it for the next ten miles, I rolled on the throttle enough to slip by it, just before the return to single lane. That's when I saw White County Sheriffs decals all over it!
SHOCKED.gif
 No roof mounted bubble gum machine. I rolled back down to the speed limit, looked in my mirror, and saw the dash mounted blue light. Put on my turn signal and pulled over in a safe spot. I got off, put my hemet on the seat, before they would get out.
I don't think they were radar equipped. "You were running kinda fast weren't you?" Yes, I was running kinda fast, Sir. After running my license check, He came back and handed it to me saying, slow down. That was it. Nice guys. I'd been running the loop on week nights til sunset, getting the miles on to break it in.
Ya almost have the whole mountain to yourself here after 7 PM. I'll think twice next time before I do that again. Nice as they were, I don't think they will be the second time around. 11 years of running these mountains on a Virago 1100, never been stopped. 20 days on the 'Busa, blue lights in my mirror. Hmmm......

Three of us were pulled over in Louisiana. 2 Busas and a SV650. We were on our way back from Florida. We were running 79 and were pulled over. The older cop came out of the car and was very nice. He said that we were clocked at 156 down the road by another trooper and that he had to pull us over but that he doesn't pull anyone over unless it's a solid 80. Well, another cop, young guy with his fatigues on, shows up. Pure A$$hole. Talked to us like crap and asked if we were calling HIS trooper a liar. We simply said that there was no way since the SV won't even go 156. He said' If you ever come through my state again we'll lock y'all up"

Now maybe it's just me but cops never have been and never will be my favorite people. Not saying it is everyone but it sure seems like quite a few. Having a badge doesn't give him a right to treat us like some jerk offs!1 We were actually clocked at 79 remember. We had saddlebags and all.

Long story short: I won't run, but don't treat me like an A$$ when you pull me over. I'll give respect and expect the same in return.

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 17 2007,19:31)
(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 17 2007,18
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Glad you got away dude.... F em'...
beerchug.gif
Got your back brother! We have bad apples on busa's as well. There's always going to be that 10% .

Back