Blue Gauges

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I really went over my bike today and did a little of everything. Removed plastics, seat, changed oil and filter, drained engined ice and put in new, really cleaned the chain and inspected, pulled the gauges/cluster to replace a burnt out low beam silver star, put in the pull pins on the front of gas tanks and the are a little loose, may need slightly bigger and thicker washer and then I took the old honda polish to everything. Once I was done staring at her and broke the trance I turned out the light in the gararge and realized that my blue gauges are no where near as brightly aluminated as when they were new. I keep her dry, clean and all but has anyone else experienced this? Oh, and a few pics of my day with the little blue mule! Not to dirty for a 2004! :whistle:

Wash_Detail_Oil Chng_Filter_K&N Charged_Silver Star - 13 Jun 09 025.jpg

Wash_Detail_Oil Chng_Filter_K&N Charged_Silver Star - 13 Jun 09 001.jpg

Wash_Detail_Oil Chng_Filter_K&N Charged_Silver Star - 13 Jun 09 012.jpg

There is not enough hours in the day for me to get my bike that clean! Your baby is SPOTLESS! Beautiful, just Beautiful!

Bummer that your blue gauges are not as bright as they once were. I do have to say that the blue gauges go perfectly with the bike. I think I just might have to add that to my future mod list. I have a '01 blue/silver.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 1st pic in the 2nd post is blinding.:poke:Is there a reflector brightness dial anywhere? LOL.

Busa up on both stands all clean and purdy is just begging to be taken out and ridden hard. Looking again I am jealous!

My gauges have a dial attached that i can use to adjust the brightness and even change the colors of the backlighting. I got some moisture in it once when cleaning Lucy and it dimmed the lights until it was dry. You might try a hair dryer on the dial if you have the same set-up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Semi, thanks much. Don't think mine can change colors that I'm aware of. I have a switch on the right side to bright and dim and then a dial on the left side as well. I got caught in a heck of a thunderstorm just night before last and that is why I did maintenance and detail yesterday. I'll blow it it with air nozzel and blow dryer as well. Thanks and lets hope she comes back alive.

My gauges have a dial attached that i can use to adjust the brightness and even change the colors of the backlighting. I got some moisture in it once when cleaning Lucy and it dimmed the lights until it was dry. You might try a hair dryer on the dial if you have the same set-up.
Posted via Mobile Device

I see you have the adjuster on your tripple. You should keep it where it doesn't get wet. Once set to your liking, you shouldn't need to keep adjusting it. I put mine under the left front inner pannel. No problems with them dimming.

There are two switches there, one goes from blue to green, the other is a dimmer.

Hey Mike, that is very nice looking.:thumbsup:

Hey Mike, that is very nice looking.:thumbsup:

Thats clean looks nice my guages hanging on wall in my storage shed.I dont have a single guage.My fuel guage is open tank and wiggle bike around.:-(:eh: THats leave on top yellow crossover delay box.Other bike slower?Enter his time switch 2 his tree leave on his top yellow.

elpgp.jpg

It is in the open but velcro and I take plastic corner of bag and twist tie when I wash her. Two nights ago I did get caught in the rain so your right, may was well move it out of the way. Thanks for info and appreciate it.

I see you have the adjuster on your tripple. You should keep it where it doesn't get wet. Once set to your liking, you shouldn't need to keep adjusting it. I put mine under the left front inner pannel. No problems with them dimming.

Back