Blown out spider gears pics

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
Apparently gm rear ends get wiped out...I have a 03 Silverado with a whipple blower... last Saturday night was the demise...as said...the spider gears are gone and it locked up...the other pic is just welding junk parts together as will be the case with a destroyed posi...

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

Good times! At least you have some fun parts on it though.

I had a 2002 S-10 with a fancy self-destructing rear end. It went to crap before the first engine oil change. Apparently it either leaked everything out, or just didn't get any/enough oil at assembly. The fuel pump also went out at about 600 miles. Oh yeah, and the A/C was basically done by about 90,000 miles.

My 2007 2500HD had a nice bearing failure in the auto-locking diff at around 80,000 miles, which was around the same time the clutch went to pieces and the tailshaft seal failed. Luckily, all of those were under warranty. The ongoing electrical gremlins were not covered...

Sorry, I had to get that out... :laugh:
GM trucks and I are probably done after those two.

the vehicle is paid off and near junk...2 k will get me for a few years...minus cosmetics....it is just the autopsy of blown out spider gears....pay the piper...I don't get why the shop did not want to put in a new ring and pinion...I'm back on the road...4 wheels...life goes on

You can't add HP and torque and not expect issues. I'm a Ford guy, but the truth is the truth. :laugh:

whipple?? what kinda power you makin?
Apparently gm rear ends get wiped out...I have a 03 Silverado with a whipple blower... last Saturday night was the demise...as said...the spider gears are gone and it locked up...the other pic is just welding junk parts together as will be the case with a destroyed posi...

That is a common problem on Chevy trucks. So common that most gm dealers keep the parts in stock.

Back