blown fuel pump fuse issue

totalmoto

Registered
I have a 99 that I bought with 1780 miles on it back in 2005. It now has a little over 12k on it. A few times while I have been riding, it will sputter and lose fuel pressure for a second or two. The last time I rode it did it again and died. The code read C41 and the fuse was blown. Am I about to have the pump go out? I have only put premium fuel in it. It is running as of right now. I'm thinking of cleaning the filter and assembly but maybe should just replace the whole unit. Any ideas? I know the early ones have fuel pump issues. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd clean her up and maybe test the pump. You could have a frayed wire doing the same thing. Rats probably ate on that abused Busa the first 6 years she sat parked :laugh:

Best of luck.

I have a 99 that I bought with 1780 miles on it back in 2005. It now has a little over 12k on it. A few times while I have been riding, it will sputter and lose fuel pressure for a second or two. The last time I rode it did it again and died. The code read C41 and the fuse was blown. Am I about to have the pump go out? I have only put premium fuel in it. It is running as of right now. I'm thinking of cleaning the filter and assembly but maybe should just replace the whole unit. Any ideas? I know the early ones have fuel pump issues. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know about fuel pump issues, sorry. However, unless your bike has an aftermarket tune for premium fuel, it is setup from the factory to run the regular old 87 octane. You'd be doing yourself and your bike a favor to stick with the cheap stuff unless you or the previous owner made fuel map changes for premium.

Either way, I hope you get it all worked out. Oh, and :welcome:

Back