blown fork seals and heavier springs?

The time has come, out riding this morning some of my favorite twisties and the front suspension felt bad and then the front brakes became poor. I pulled over and noticed both front seals have blown. Guess 25k miles it was due.
My questions are where to buy seals, brand of heavier springs since I am 245 and with my springs maxed out I still have to much sag, anything else I should do and what type and weight oil should I use when rebuilding?

I spoke with Traxxion dynamics last week....SUPER knowledgable, I'm sure they'd be a good place to start! I'm 255 and they had a ton of options and packages available for a very reasonable price!

Buy factory seals.
Oil weight is a preference. I switched to 7w (5w is stock), and I preffered the feel.
Can you get proper sag on the rear? If not you need to change that too.
Even though the front is wrong now, if you fix it and don't fix the rear, the bike still won't handle right.:beerchug:

Buy factory seals.
Oil weight is a preference. I switched to 7w (5w is stock), and I preffered the feel.
Can you get proper sag on the rear? If not you need to change that too.
Even though the front is wrong now, if you fix it and don't fix the rear, the bike still won't handle right.:beerchug:

Hey Marty,
Yes the rear is set in on the sag no problem there, I am just seeing all these different spring manufactures such as progressive, ohlins, race tech, the one mentioned above Traxxion dynamics so many options :dunno:
I am not sure I want to go thinner on the oil :dunno:

Hey Marty,
Yes the rear is set in on the sag no problem there, I am just seeing all these different spring manufactures such as progressive, ohlins, race tech, the one mentioned above Traxxion dynamics so many options :dunno:
I am not sure I want to go thinner on the oil :dunno:

7w is thicker, and just changes the feel. To me the front end felt less flimsy, if that makes any sense.
I couldn't recomend one aftermarket brand over the other though.

7w is thicker, and just changes the feel. To me the front end felt less flimsy, if that makes any sense.
I couldn't recomend one aftermarket brand over the other though.

Brain fart duhhh yes 7 would be heavier then 5... I am thinking I am just going to remove the fork tubes and send them out to have em built springs seals and anything else to improve the front suspension. I am not expierenced in this nor have the tools to perform the job correctly. Any ideas in the South East?

Not to sound like a Traxxion dynamics sponsor lol but I think they're a little north of Georgia...if I remember correctly, there was a company I heard of close to Chattanooga called "sopro suspension" or something like that and heard they are good!

upgrade the springs and valves to race tech. sponcers on the board can get you set up i'm sure

The time has come, out riding this morning some of my favorite twisties and the front suspension felt bad and then the front brakes became poor. I pulled over and noticed both front seals have blown. Guess 25k miles it was due.
My questions are where to buy seals, brand of heavier springs since I am 245 and with my springs maxed out I still have to much sag, anything else I should do and what type and weight oil should I use when rebuilding?

WTH Yank, did your computer crash? You Tube is still available as far as I know! You said you learned how to ride, wrench, tune suspension, hog tie sheep and pull your skirt up on "You Tube"! I think I remember you giving advise to some poor bloke that every thing he needed to know about suspension was readily available on You Tube? :dunno:

It appears the "Chickens" have come home to roost! :laugh:

If your sending them out, send them this way, ill do them for you!
Buy the parts, springs and seals, ill get them done the day i get them!

WTH Yank, did your computer crash? You Tube is still available as far as I know! You said you learned how to ride, wrench, tune suspension, hog tie sheep and pull your skirt up on "You Tube"! I think I remember you giving advise to some poor bloke that every thing he needed to know about suspension was readily available on You Tube? :dunno:

It appears the "Chickens" have come home to roost! :laugh:

Did a youtube search nothing on busa fork rebuilds so I guess I am lost.
Valuble information there ya Ol Tufpoodle pucking prune snatcher
Afternoon Bingo with the cotton tops Cancelled, Battery die on the Lil Rascal :dunno:

:laugh:

I can get you most of the brand name springs and obviously the seals and oil. Just let me know which springs you decide on.

I can get you most of the brand name springs and obviously the seals and oil. Just let me know which springs you decide on.

Hey Justin

I believe I am going to go with Race Tech 38x36x250 1.10 kg Springs, and not sure which gold emulator valve kit and oil I am going to go with yet..

If you can get these parts I will call you Monday morning and I also would like an OEM Yuasa Battery

Any additonal information and opinions are welcome with this rebuild and upgrade are welcome.

Application:

GENII
rider weight unsuited 245
no track days just spirited street riding

Well, Ordered OEM seals, and 10w fork oil from Justin East Toldeo Honda Monday morning, Thanks Justin :beerchug:
Took forever to get a hold of someone at Traxxion Dynamics finally around 12 noon someone answered the phone and told me a tech would call me back. Well about 2 hours later Dan called me from Traxxion Dynamics and suggested I go with 1.1 springs due to my weight and I asked what he suggests for valves, he responded with We dont sell valves to the general public but we can rebuild yours for 675.00 if you send them in" I thought this was pretty SHEETY!! I just ordered the springs for 120 bucks and shipping. Thinking about it now I should have told them to stick it up there azz and went to Race Tech to get the springs and valves... Anyways... Stripped the forks down wasnt to bad just waiting on parts to rebuild.
Called John (Gixerhp) offered to rebuild my forks if I sent them to him. His prices are awesome and I know he has plenty of expierence and is well respected here and I may have wished I took hius generous offer but I need to do this myself and learn about suspension. Its almost like a drag racer not knowing how to properly tune his multi stage or slider clutch...

Thanks John if I mess em up can I send them to you in pieces? :laugh:

If your sending them out, send them this way, ill do them for you!
Buy the parts, springs and seals, ill get them done the day i get them!

I wish I had seen this before I took my gen II to the stealership to do my front springs. :banghead:

I would have stopped by your house, on the way to Jen's on the eastern shore of VA!
I wish I had seen this before I took my gen II to the stealership to do my front springs. :banghead:

I spoke with Traxxion dynamics last week....SUPER knowledgable, I'm sure they'd be a good place to start! I'm 255 and they had a ton of options and packages available for a very reasonable price!

A ton of options meaning? You send them your forks or they will send you a bunch of parts? I couldnt even get them to send me valves but I could spend 675 bucks for them to do it for me:banghead:

That is way over priced, im sorry
Seals and dust seal, are $60
Fork oil if the best is,, $30
Springs $110
Valves $179ish
Do it your self tools, $100
You are still saying almost $200!
I like money in my pocket,, for sure!
A ton of options meaning? You send them your forks or they will send you a bunch of parts? I couldnt even get them to send me valves but I could spend 675 bucks for them to do it for me:banghead:

Back