Blown 383 SBC

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
I has a ? i know this isnt probably the best place to ask but i have seen some Muscle Car enthusiasts floating around.

I have a 383 that im having built for my 70 Chevelle. well.... some guy came up to me and offered 10k for the chevelle without the engine and if he comes through its sold... the engine is about ready to hit the dyno and is expected to run about 700hp.

SBC bored and stroked to 383
eagle crank and rods
JE Custom Forged Pistons (-31cc dished)
Dart Pro 1 CNC heads (72cc chambers 215cc intake runners)
milodon HV oil pump
2x Barry grant demon 650 CFM boost referenced carbs
Weaind 6-71 supercharger
Full MSD ignition w/6AL-BTM
Comp Cams custom hydraulic-roller (cant remember the specs atm)

The engine is build for a 3600 lbs car 91+ octane 3000-3500 10" Torque converter and 3.73 gears. 8.125:1CR 9lbs boost

about how much you think i can sell this for?

l_a5f868291fe442d9c09ee90f2d8f0349.jpg

Chevelle2.jpg

l_aa3f3b78b18732b8a149b858d07b66ff.jpg

l_354ba5b97578f7d9279228d24e1738b5.jpg

worth more in parts usually... buying used hot rod engines is more a gamble than a slot machine in vegas.. (they pay 90+%)

I would look at selling it as short block W/Heads so that you can pull it apart and they can inspect.. If I was buying it assembled, I would automatically assume it had to come apart anyway.. Still might get better return selling off the parts.. rods/pistons etc..

All of my racing equipment went for .25 to .50 on the dollar.. Heads are the most valuable and then good rotating assemblies.. the blower/manifold/ carbs are a hassle to sell usually for any good amount of $$

its brand new... 0 miles its about to be cranked for the first time and broke in on a dyno

the engine in the chevelle is not the same as the 3 others.

did a shop build the motor?

and what was done with the block? (linebore, decked, magnafluxed etc)

anyway PM sent..

Last edited:
Yeah, If you provide all the paper work of what is done to the motor and shop info, I don't see why you can't get what you have in it or a bit more. Also is going to depend on who's buying the motor. Come across the right person and you can get whatever you want for it, get someone that knows the parts and their way around a motor and your looking at what you put into it. Nice looking Chevelle btw, miss my 67 and 72 I had many moons ago.

I CEEEE OUR HAYABUSA SITE SEEMS TO BE TURNING TO MORE AUTOMOTIVE PICS AND QUESTION I WANT TO CCCCCCCCCCeeeee QQ THE 1ST HAYABUSA CAR PLEASE I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF BUSA :laugh: :laugh:

I CEEEE OUR HAYABUSA SITE SEEMS TO BE TURNING TO MORE AUTOMOTIVE PICS AND QUESTION I WANT TO CCCCCCCCCCeeeee QQ THE 1ST HAYABUSA CAR PLEASE I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF BUSA :laugh: :laugh:

This is what goes on in RANDOM THOUGHTS.

Yeah, If you provide all the paper work of what is done to the motor and shop info, I don't see why you can't get what you have in it or a bit more. Also is going to depend on who's buying the motor. Come across the right person and you can get whatever you want for it, get someone that knows the parts and their way around a motor and your looking at what you put into it. Nice looking Chevelle btw, miss my 67 and 72 I had many moons ago.
it is rare if not impossible to recover everything you put in a hotrod motor unless you got some really long deals on parts..

The upside to this one is that it has never been fired up.. at the price needed, anyone that buys it is going to tear it down for inspection anyway so it goes right back to the pile of parts being worth as much if not more..

The only people that make money on hot rod motors are the guys that sell the parts..

Are you planning to sell the motor locally or nationally with shipping?

You can sell it a bit more nationally if you eat the cost of shipping or move it yourself, because you are more likely to catch the eye of someone looking for a motor like that than locally.

Personally though, I wouldn't buy it because that takes the fun out of modifying an engine myself and doing the work so I know every part of the engine intimately. But that's just me:beerchug:

this is a hayabusa site isn't it :whistle::whistle: :laugh: love all the input on automotive also i do both in my home garage thanks to all. keep all info coming any info on custom 1955 chevy 2 dr would thank you all for any info on this ill post more picks as i go along:beerchug:

Back