BLOW OFF VALVES

xcitebike

Registered
Oh and seeing as all the ricers love hearing blowoff valves..............I can no longer find anything thats quiet.

Anyone know of a "stealth" blowoff valve?

Anyone do the "bypass" valve and if so, how does it work?

same thing as a BOV. the only difference is where the excess air is put once the valve opens. the BOV will go to the atmosphere, and the bypass will put it back into the intake track PRIOR the turbo. some guys with stock turbos take of the piece that conects their bypass to their intake track to in essence make a BOV.

kinda hard to do on a bike though, since the intake track is pretty much an air filter....

I kinda figured that much................

Know of any blow off valves that are quiet(er) or am I gonna have to make one that blows into a tube with a filter?

Some turbos have internal BOVs, for example Mitsubishi (MHI) TD04H-types. Visit mc-xpress.com, category Turbo/parts. There u can look on some pics.

alright this is a cheap good blowoff valve.look on ebay for a 1g dsm blowoff valve.they came on years 90 to 94 mitsubishis eagle talons ect...they will hold up to 22 lbs boost and they are all metal.they can be had with the flange for around $30 shipped they are pretty quite.they aren't the best looking things but they do the job they were built for fairly well
wink.gif

stay away from hks if you want something quiet
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys, I just asked a friend if he could look into the tial blowoff valves and find the quietest version he has.

Unfortunately most of his come in 7lbs or 11lbs for spring pressure.

Ill have to get one with a beefier spring for the occasional burst to 15 pounds.

I have always hated the advertisement of forced induction.

Blowers should be whisper quiet and blow offs should be as well.

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

(xcitebike @ Sep. 19 2006,15:04) Thanks guys, I just asked a friend if he could look into the tial blowoff valves and find the quietest version he has.

Unfortunately most of his come in 7lbs or 11lbs for spring pressure.

Ill have to get one with a beefier spring for the occasional burst to 15 pounds.

I have always hated the advertisement of forced induction.

Blowers should be whisper quiet and blow offs should be as well.

Walk softly and carry a big stick.
The spring pressures in a BOV have nothing to do with the amount of boost you plan on running, the spring pressure relates to the pressure differential at which the valve opens, You can run a BOV with a 7 pound spring to 100psi if you want. The different rate springs are for sizing for vaccum sources. In other words a v8 with a single throttle body draws a lot more vacuum then a vacuum nipple from a single throttle body on a 4 cylinder bike.

Richard

Back