Blood Tests at My New Company

steelhead

Registered
I joined a new company, check out the blood tests they performed. Is this standard in the USA?

Marijuana
Diabetes
Anemia
Syphillis
Aids
Hepatitis
Liver Function
Blood Pressure
Eye Exam
Chest Exam

crazy.gif

(steelhead @ Nov. 22 2006,06:46) Diabetes
Anemia
Syphillis
Aids
Hepatitis
Liver Function
Blood Pressure
Eye Exam
Chest Exam
Depending on the job, these tests you listed are most likely illegal in the U.S.

Of course, there ARE jobs where such testing is appropriate and legal. Pretty rare, though, I should think.

--Wag--

If they are pre-employment and you consent then they are legal. If it is after you have been hired and they intend to use it against you for dismissal then you may want to speak to attorney, again that is if it poses a problem for you. What ikind of job is it?

(psycobusa @ Nov. 22 2006,17:40) dont mess with those korean hos....they'll make you fail everyone of those tests  
all_coholic.gif
laugh.gif
speaking from expirience
rock.gif

(steelhead @ Nov. 22 2006,08:46) I joined a new company, check out the blood tests they performed. Is this standard in the USA?

Marijuana
Diabetes
Anemia
Syphillis
Aids
Hepatitis
Liver Function
Blood Pressure
Eye Exam
Chest Exam

crazy.gif
I had one like this for a pre-employment physical .......reminded me of being back in the military , except I didn't have to stand in a room full of naked guys !
laugh.gif

(dudewizr @ Nov. 22 2006,10:11) If they are pre-employment and you consent then they are legal. If it is after you have been hired and they intend to use it against you for dismissal then you may want to speak to attorney....
up and current with the korean labor laws are we?

wink.gif

unless it's a U.S. based firm....you're prolly SOL

Back