Blocking pair valve question

1maniac

Registered
This may be a stupid question...
I have a K8 with a full Yoshi R-77 exhaust, I had popping on deceleration, so I just blocked off the pair valve intake in the air box and now the popping is gone.
Is there any positive or negative affects in regards to performance when the pair valve is blocked other than no more popping? Also if the pair valve is left unblocked is there any chance of damage or loss of performance?

DSC09480__Large_.JPG

I think it's an enviromental thingy, trying to add air to burn raw fuel exhausted. Anyway it should be fine, if you want to drop some weight buy the block offs and remove all the hardware.

I guess what I am saying is, now that I blocked off the valve, I kind of miss the popping especially when pushing hard through the turns while coming down the mountain. I just want to to be sure its not hurting the performance or damaging the pipe.

DSC09501__Large_.JPG

I don't think the 08 has a pair valve. I been reading and was told it's a reed valve like a dirt bike. I have the full Yosh R-77 and get the popping on decel. Before I block the reed valve I would like to hear some tech guru's chime in on the long term effects. I had it blocked for awhile it stopped the popping, but was concerned about the effects on the engine keeping it blocked off. I don't really know the reed valves purpose. I hope sombody chimes in with some answers.

did the new system eliminate the cats? if you have cats in the system and block of the AIR system it could push up the amount of work the cats have to do and "could" cause them to melt down if it is excessive..

Back