Blew Up the 2000 Busa

Phatroy

Never Forgotten
I blew up my engine Saturday. I threw a rod. *%&#ed up
the entire engine. Total loss. Good news I had an extended
warranty. Shop found a engine from a 2002 w/3,500 miles on it. Insane because my 2000 had 39,399 on it and was going on four years old. Shop really hooked me up. Didn't cost a thing except 3 weeks off my bike. Should get it back this week.

what did you have done to the bike or this it just blow up

they need to swap rotor and stator for yours or it won't run.
Also did you read you ext. warranty?
I did not think they were allowed to do a motor swap.

and my dealer was having a fit about just rebuilding my engine.
mad.gif
I'm glad they helped you out.

Jeeze Roy! u da man! Hope it all comes together for ya soon... and like posted above what happened? or just regular riding?
rock.gif

Roy. It might be a good idea to share the name of the dealership who is looking after you so well. People are quick to post with complaints. In the interest of fairness ( and credibility of the board ) we should be men (and women ) enough to give credit where it's due when dealerships do the right thing.

Josh.

make sure they put the right engine in there if it says HONDA 1099cc something is wrong
laugh.gif

Hey guys thanks for the support. I had Micron Cans on, the fuel injection re-maped w/K&N filter. Other that that nothing else to the engine. The shop is Fairfield Cycle Shop in Fairfield, CA. As far as I know my shop service manager said they are swaping the engine out right. I'm not sure about the other items. I will check. Thanks! He said the Ext. warranty
covers everything. I have been going to this dealer for over
15 years. I've bought 3 bikes from them, and I have a down on a 2005 Red/Black Busa. It should come in sometime early
November. They really did right by me. I have always had good luck with them.

rob T,
I had them look at the valves at 50,000 and they were right as rain. No adjustments needed. I did have a slight miss down low that the shop couldn't find. I took it in and they simply couldn't find it. They didn't say it wasn't happening, only that it didn't happen when they rode it. Someone told
me that it was a prelude to my bikes engine going south. I
really don't know. I don't profess to be a mechanic, I simple
love to ride. She just cut loose. We had been running pretty hot and heavy in the twisties at Lake Berryessa. We were coming to a rest stop only about 100 yards to the turn off.
I was coming down off about 80 mph in 4th/@approx. 5000 to
6000 rpm (I think). Cut out really bad w/lots of grey smoke/oil
flushed out bottom.

Hey guys thanks for the support.  I had Micron Cans on, the fuel injection re-maped w/K&N filter.  Other that that nothing else to the engine.  The shop is Fairfield Cycle Shop in Fairfield, CA.  As far as I know my shop service manager said they are swaping the engine out right.  I'm not sure about the other items.  I will check.  Thanks!  He said the Ext. warranty
covers everything.  I have been going to this dealer for over
15 years.  I've bought 3 bikes from them, and I have a down on a 2005 Red/Black Busa.  It should come in sometime early
November.  They really did right by me.  I have always had good luck with them.
You need to check it out. due to the motor you could be getting is "used" I have installed used motors only to find out 100 miles later the tranny is toast or installed it and had a bent valve.

I understand the dealership wanting to make it easy on them selfs but if the warranty doesn't state that used is OKay I would demand new parts beacause there are no new motors (well there is but it is a pain to get one from Japan)

Guys I checke w/dealer about getting new parts. You were
right, they said I could get new parts instead of just a engine swap. It would be easier on them and I'd get my bike back sooner. I reminded them that I was buying a new bike from them and getting my old bike back sooner wasn't as important to me. Thanks for setting me strait. I appreciate it.

Just curious whats a new one gonna cost OTD? and are u goin to SF this wknd?

Guys I checke w/dealer about getting new parts.  You were
right, they said I could get new parts instead of just a engine swap.  It would be easier on them and I'd get my bike back sooner.  I reminded them that I was buying a new bike from them and getting my old bike back sooner wasn't as important to me.  Thanks for setting me strait.  I appreciate it.
sweet. It's good to see them backing up their stuff.

Kent - They wrote me up initially OTD as an estimate only to get my name on the bike for $12,399. This includes shipping/setup. They gave me shop cost and cut out the sales person comission because the Service Manager is selling me the bike due to my buying 3 from them before. The said
when alls said and done it may be less than the cost above. I am going through my credit union w/pre approved loan should get good percentage rate. I will be at the show in San Mateo on Saturday at 10:00 for opening. I will probably be there until noon. My bike will be done on Satuday for pick up and I want to go see the new land speed record Busa that will be on display at Fairfield Cycle Center on Saturday from
11:00 am - 3:00 pm. I'll try to look you guys up. I'll be wearing a Red/white HardCore Busa Shirt. You guys look for me if you get a chance.

Got my bike back. She runs like a brand new one. I am
very excited. Had a great ride to work this morning after
being off of the bike for over 2 weeks.

Back