Blew it up.....

I have a couple of these tools also, but if you have a stubborn axle you kinda need to go back a little old school on it.

Take the tool to the hardware store and get a good grade bolt of the same size with two nuts of the same size as your tool. Put the two nuts together on the end of the bolt.

See where this is going~?~

Old school left me with a broken home made tool the first go around... Penetrant spray and sometime later left me with the second broken tool (see first pic), a torch, & one long pry bar still brought me NO satisfaction. So, off to the stealership we went.... :beerchug: Nothing like a 3' cheater bar to get er done and plenty of vibration from the road to get the penetrant spray down deep in the axle! Officially on the bugs list of must have tools! Well tire is changed and back on, axle is all better and bug is exhausted.....

Sorry to hear the bad luck! 2 broken tools and a worn out KSBug! At least there is a happy ending and the Mrs.'s can now ride her new track bike! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

A nice rattling from an impact works to.:thumbsup:

Why yes it did.... but after about 5 or so minutes I had a headache from the noise, two broken tools, and ONE stubborn axle! :rofl: That's the only way to keep my sanity, just got to laugh about it :whistle:

Back