Bleeding Rear Caliper

lauris

Registered
Hi all,

having a nightmare trying to bleed the rear caliper,

replaced all lines on the bike, and fronts have been difficult but ok now,

the rear wont bleed, have tried pressure bleeding from the reservoir down, have tried craking open the banjo bolts and have tried reverse pressure back through both the bleed nipples to push fluid back through the system,

the strange thing is that the little master cylinder does not seem to want to pump fluid through it, it does pressure the line and pump out the fluid that I have reverse filled, but wont suck new stuff.

I opened up the little plastic cover on the side and there are two little holes on the inside - obviously to allow fluid to get intot the piston, and one seems clear the other looks blocked by something,

losing patience and got blooming fluid everywhere !!!!!

any suggestions - my next plan was to take apart the master cylinder and see if there was dirt or something inside

all was ok before I replaced with new lines !

thanks
scott.

Are you bleeding both sides of the rear caliper?

We had the same issue one time, make sure that all banjo bolts are seated properly and tight. We only had to tighten one a tiny little bit to stop the leak and allow us to bleed the system. But you have to be careful not to over tighten.

Are you using a Vacumn Pump to bleed them.

yes, its a pressure bleeder, that forces fluid through the system, have tried from both caliper back and reservior down, (its not a vacuum - in that it is blowing rather than sucking)

cheers
s

We had the same issue one time, make sure that all banjo bolts are seated properly and tight. We only had to tighten one a tiny little bit to stop the leak and allow us to bleed the system. But you have to be careful not to over tighten.

+1000 Bleed all you want but if your sucking air back in every time you pump it up you will get no where.

Recheck all those fittings.

Ohhhhhhhh and if you have Spikes watch your head.

Back