bleeding Gen2 Brembo Brakes (ABS)

Sorry, I had not returned to this thread in a while. As I have a Gen 1, the Banjo at the master cylinder is the only thing that's pertinent from mine here. As you can see I put the double banjo Bleeder right at the master cylinder, which is the high point of the whole system, and the most likely place for air to reside. You could of course put a single banjo Bleeder at each Caliper as well if you wanted to. Just make sure you buy the correct thread for the application as the Brembo parts are M10x 1.00 thread and the Master Cylinder is M10X 1.25 thread. Looking at the photo at the start of this thread it looks like you could easily add a bleeder banjo at each caliper to make your life easier. BTW I used hydraulic sealant on the bolts and also the bleeder.

20150630_103419.jpg

20150629_163524.jpg

Sorry, I had not returned to this thread in a while. As I have a Gen 1, the Banjo at the master cylinder is the only thing that's pertinent from mine here. As you can see I put the double banjo Bleeder right at the master cylinder, which is the high point of the whole system, and the most likely place for air to reside. You could of course put a single banjo Bleeder at each Caliper as well if you wanted to. Just make sure you buy the correct thread for the application as the Brembo parts are M10x 1.00 thread and the Master Cylinder is M10X 1.25 thread. Looking at the photo at the start of this thread it looks like you could easily add a bleeder banjo at each caliper to make your life easier. BTW I used hydraulic sealant on the bolts and also the bleeder.

Thanks for the sizes and tips. Looks like a good idea!

BTW the same situation exists on the clutch side. I found out unceremoniously that the Clutch master Cylinder is M10 x 1.25 thread, and the Slave Cylinder is M10 X 1.00. When I made my swap to Brembo calipers recently I had intended to re-task the two shiny new Banjo bolts shown above to the clutch side. But once I drained everything and tried to install the lower bolt I realized it was the wrong thread. I will at some point be adding a Single Banjo Bleeder at the Clutch Master and a new M10 x 1.00 banjo bolt at the Slave to balance everything out aesthetically and allow for proper bleeding of the circuit.

Back