Bleeding brakes.. help!!!

gsteve

Registered
I installed a set of galphers and all seemed to go ok. I bought a bleeder pump and did the left line , so far so good , a few bubbles , old fluid and then new fluid. Closed that bleeder and did the right side. Im getting fluid and tons of bubbles. I dbl checked all the connnections and cruch washers and everything seems ok. It appears that line is leaking. Im I missing something?? sj

hmmm ...... clean off the lines to the caliper .. wait 20 min ..then go back witha flashlite ... you should be abe to find the leak ..or at least where its .."leaking" from .. dont reuse crushwashers .. a asurre'd leak .. so unless your caliper is leaking .. not to many places to " look" .. good luck .
smile.gif

I installed a set of galphers and all seemed to go ok.  I bought a bleeder pump and did the left line , so far so good , a few bubbles , old fluid and then new fluid.  Closed that bleeder and did the right side.  Im getting fluid and tons of bubbles.  I dbl checked all the connnections and cruch washers and everything seems ok.  It appears that line is leaking.  Im I missing something??   sj
If you're bleeding the front brake lines, then you should bleed the right side first (as you're sitting on the bike right). Then bleed the left. It seems like you're doing it backwards or maybe our directions are crossed. Can you be talking about left and right as you're facing the bike? If so, then it's just the opposite of what I said.

Ohh ok.... I was doing it backwards.  Would that cause the bubbles?   Im wondering if air is getting past the threads on the bleeder , when i tightened the bleeder and then pulled hard on the lever there was no oil leak. It would seem if there was air leaking in during bleeding that fluid would be leaking out. Im thinking , rather than sucking fliud thru the bleeder , of pushing it up thru the bleeder with the bleeder tool? Thanx guys   sj

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148624404 -->

Ohh ok.... I was doing it backwards.  Would that cause the bubbles?   Im wondering if air is getting past the threads on the bleeder , when i tightened the bleeder and then pulled hard on the lever there was no oil leak.  It would seem if there was air leaking in during bleeding that fluid would be leaking out.   Im thinking , rather than sucking fliud thru the bleeder , of pushing it up thru the bleeder with the bleeder tool?    Thanx guys   sj
By Joe, I think he's got it....
smile.gif

Back